Next meet up :- Great Bike Ride warm up 27th / 28th October?

gdl_gdl

Next meet up :- Great Bike Ride warm up 27th / 28th October?

Postby gdl_gdl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:25 am

Striking while the iron is hot, suggest the above as the idea for the next meet up.

Could meet up near Swan Bells / Lucky Shag at 8am (or earlier?) and take it from there. For the other members who can't make the early time then we can approximate timings of where we'll be on the course and you can join in then. (It's a circular ride!)

For those who want to do the route as a circular Swan Bells - Swan Bells then we can have coffee afterwards.

Sun 28th Oct is my pref but will go with majority vote.

Cheers,

Gary

gsxrboy

Postby gsxrboy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:36 am

Ha ! Damn, I wont be here, next time !

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:24 am

Sunday at 8am is good for me. Saturday is out due to a wedding I foolishly agreed to photograph .... :)

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:36 pm

Unfortunately I could not make it to the meet on Sunday - but I am very keen to make it to this one!

Will have to remember to give my bike a good clean and shine before hand.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 pm

We may be starters - the parents are threatening a visit around that time :shock: and we daren't leave them at home alone!! The other question mark is the house selling thing.

I'll know more closer to the time but we'll be doing our best to make it.

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:28 pm

Now that Scotty has a 'non-standard' part (the new tube), is Moo still allowed to attend? :roll:

Richard
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:06 am

Yep, but it's her shout for coffee. :wink:
---------------------

Aushiker

Re: Next meet up :- Great Bike Ride warm up 27th / 28th Octo

Postby Aushiker » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:38 am

gdl_gdl wrote:Could meet up near Swan Bells / Lucky Shag at 8am (or earlier?) and take it from there. For the other members who can't make the early time then we can approximate timings of where we'll be on the course and you can join in then. (It's a circular ride!)

For those who want to do the route as a circular Swan Bells - Swan Bells then we can have coffee afterwards.
Well done on making a move Gary. What do you have in mind in-terms of a ride?
Sun 28th Oct is my pref but will go with majority vote.
My preference is Saturday but could possibly juggle things to make on Sunday, assuming you guys don't want to be done in by a flat-bar :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew
Andrew

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:27 am

Well done on making a move Gary. What do you have in mind in-terms of a ride?

I was going to suggest following the Great Bike Ride route as close as possible. (Avoiding Stirling Highway and making it mainly on the paths / quiet roads - but we'll include 'the hill' :wink: that got lots of people off their bikes last year). Total distance would be approx 53km.

The route for the Great Bike Ride is here....

http://www.greatbikeride.com.au/

Cheers,

Gary

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 am

gdl_gdl wrote: I was going to suggest following the Great Bike Ride route as close as possible. (Avoiding Stirling Highway and making it mainly on the paths / quiet roads - but we'll include 'the hill' :wink: that got lots of people off their bikes last year). Total distance would be approx 53km.
Sounds good. We did the "hill" on our way home last Sunday. Don't know what the fuss is about :lol:

Andrew
Andrew

uMP2k

Postby uMP2k » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:14 pm

Aushiker wrote:
gdl_gdl wrote: I was going to suggest following the Great Bike Ride route as close as possible. (Avoiding Stirling Highway and making it mainly on the paths / quiet roads - but we'll include 'the hill' :wink: that got lots of people off their bikes last year). Total distance would be approx 53km.
Sounds good. We did the "hill" on our way home last Sunday. Don't know what the fuss is about :lol:

Andrew
Long, long ago in my previous cycling life, I rode "the hill" quite often and always hated it. Now that I am far heavier (allthough my bike is a lot lighter!) and lot less fit overall I cannot see myself liking it one little bit. Still, it would be an interesting test.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:12 pm

uMP2k wrote:Long, long ago in my previous cycling life, I rode "the hill" quite often and always hated it. Now that I am far heavier (allthough my bike is a lot lighter!) and lot less fit overall I cannot see myself liking it one little bit.
I can relate to that. Challenging is the way I would describe it, particularly just after the bend.

Andrew
Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:47 pm

Oh great...that hill. Just so long as I'm not boxed in by a handcycle and a tandem, I'll be fine :evil: I think :oops:

We definitely can't do a Saturday morning due to committments of the 4-legged variety, but if that suits others better, by all means change it as we may not be there Sunday either (did that all make sense :? )

nimm

Postby nimm » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:08 am

sounds good guys - i'll try to make it
/ Giant OCR / Go Vegan /

heavymetal
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby heavymetal » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:23 pm

I won't be able to make this as I'll be in Kalbarri :D, or at least on the way back. I'm delayed a week and a bit. I was delayed until next weekend, but it's the end of the holidays, and the traffic might be a bit heavy, so it's best to leave after the weekend rush.

I move up near Hillarys, and then the meet ups are in Kings Park. I used to live near there. :D

Kev.
There is only one BicycleWA.

beebleb

Postby beebleb » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Bugger... away on holiday!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:35 pm

G'day

Have we settled on the date and time? I have a few blokes from work that may want to come along if this is okay.

Andrew
Andrew

cray-

Postby cray- » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:43 am

Hopefully I can make it to my first meet. I have no preference for Saturday or Sunday but I reserve the right to pike at the last minute if the weather isn't to my liking..hehe

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:27 pm

I did a warm up of the warm up today. I woke up too early to go into work and felt like getting some kms into the legs, so I left the rest of the house asleep and tootled off.

55km in a shade under 2hr 10min for an average of 24.7kmh (including stops: GPS doesn't stop the data flow when I stop riding). The main aim was to keep my heart rate at 75% MaxHR. I kept exceeding it so had to pull back often, riding slower than I was accustomed to for the most part. I did see 91% MaxHR (173bpm) on that infamous hill! It also raced significantly when I was trying to keep up with a young lady near the Swan Brewery site, but I'm not sure if the high HR was because she was fast or because she was a young lady .... ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the ride in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
Graeme
---------------------

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Kalgrm wrote:stuff here...

It also raced significantly when I was trying to keep up with a young lady near the Swan Brewery site, but I'm not sure if the high HR was because she was fast or because she was a young lady .... ;)
Was it me? :roll: :P

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:09 am

Nope - you ride a CF bike, which I know I have no hope of catching on my Cr-Mo 'bent! :)
---------------------

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:43 am

Have we settled on the date and time? I have a few blokes from work that may want to come along if this is okay.

28th October 8am at the Swan Bells / Lucky Shag seems to be the consensus. We don't need to look out for each other anymore, we just need to spot Graeme's bike! :wink:

The more the merrier I say!

How sad is this? Free wi-fi access at HK airport and all I can think to do is browse the bike forum! Arrive back on Australian soil in time for wife's birthday (13th)!!!! :wink:

Cheers,

Gary

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:00 pm

G'day

For those riding from SoR do we want to meet say at the Raffles for the ride down the river to the start?

Graeme (and anyone else from Freo way) do you want to meet in Freo for the ride in meeting anyone else coming from the South at the Raffles?

Regards
Andrew
Andrew

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:21 pm

Yep, meeting in Freo sounds good Andrew. 6.40am in the Mall? That gives us an hour to get there and some leeway for mishaps.

Cheers,
Graeme
---------------------

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:30 pm

Kalgrm wrote:Yep, meeting in Freo sounds good Andrew. 6.40am in the Mall? That gives us an hour to get there and some leeway for mishaps.
Sounds good. Did you get my email at your gmail account re the Merida?

Andrew
Andrew