Disruption to Roe Highway

Aushiker

Disruption to Roe Highway

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:29 pm

G'day

Clough Projects Australia, on behalf of Main Roads WA, will soon commence the construction of a noise suppression wall beside the Roe Highway Principal Shared Path near Fern Leaf Court in Leeming.

The works are scheduled over a period of two weeks between 11 and 25 October 2007, and some level of disruption to path users can be expected over this period.

Path users are requested to be particularly vigilant for potential hazards while passing through the area and to follow the directions given by traffic controllers.

Source: DPI

Regards
Andrew

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:43 pm

Perfect timing! It overlaps with the closure of the train system, so just when people are considering riding their bikes once again, they can't use the bike path! :roll: Typical .....
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

steellife

Postby steellife » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:51 pm

Thanks Andrew
You have potentially saved me some hassle - there are certainly no advisory signs on the path that I noticed this evening.
Cheers
Julien

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:48 am

Kalgrm wrote:Perfect timing! It overlaps with the closure of the train system
hmmmm just wait and see because a little bird tells me that the train closure may not happen next week. :?: :?: :?:
Deadline is noon Friday to make the evening news.
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:30 am

Double-Gee wrote:
hmmmm just wait and see because a little bird tells me that the train closure may not happen next week. :?: :?: :?:
What you mean all the signs saying the electricity is on are not true? 8)

Andrew

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm

Double-Gee wrote:
You are kidding me!! After all that advertising to tell people to take leave, now it may not go ahead?! Governments!! I was going to dust off the old bike and ride home from work (train it as far as I could in the morning).

See what happens on the news tonight I suppose.

cray-

Postby cray- » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:41 pm

Trains might be working next week after all? Oh well at least the threat of disruption got me off my ass to fix my car. It hasn't left the garage since February :(

Double-Gee

Postby Double-Gee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:01 pm

Aushiker wrote:What you mean all the signs saying the electricity is on are not true? 8)
Would the government ever lie to you???
The power has been on and off while testing has been happening.

The shutdown will still go ahead as planned from this Sunday evening. Plans have been made to cover the issues that may have stopped the shutdown from happening. It is going to be one crazy week in Perth, but hopefully there will be more bicyclists by the time it all finishes :)
Road - '09 Cervelo S1 | '07 Vivente Lugano | Late 90's Giant Kronos, Dirt - '08 Orbea Sherpa