Mr Rann will today announce $12 million funding for new bike paths along rail corridors and waterways.
Modelled on the Linear Park, Coast Park and Mike Turtur Bikeways (formerly Tramway Park), the cycling and walking paths will be known as "Greenways".
"The number of people riding into the CBD on a daily basis has also increased from 5011 in 2003 to 7744 in 2009 - an increase of just over 50 per cent," Mr Rann said.
"Our long-term plan is to create a linking network of cycling and walking paths that stretch across the metropolitan area.
"The first priority will be a 15km Greenway from Adelaide to Marino Rocks . . . along the electrified Noarlunga rail line."
Other bike paths listed on the map, including the Sturt River and Little Para River already exist.
- Posts: 4531
- Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm
- Posts: 233
- Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:22 pm
- Location: Upper Sturt South Australia
Merida 905, Giant Xtc2, Trek 3900
- Posts: 284
- Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:02 am
- Location: Adelaide (South)
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:57 pm
- Posts: 221
- Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:11 pm
At least the road workers have destoyed the kerb/gutter to allow cyclists to ride off onto the road - except there are always cars parked there obstructing that.
Unusable (for road bikes at least) til the remaining hundred metres or so is sealed.
- Posts: 606
- Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:36 pm
- Location: Adelaide
mavster wrote:I agree with previous post. While any $ on cycling tracks is a good thing, getting out from the city to north (Mawson Lakes / Salisbury) is a nightmare.
+1. I do the Mawson Lakes -- city trip for work, and there's no nice route. A bit opportunity was missed with the construction of the Dry Creek train yards.
- Posts: 724
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 pm
- Location: RADelaide
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:44 pm
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:10 pm
- Location: Adelaide
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.