Ride on Monday Night?

RobRollin

Ride on Monday Night?

Postby RobRollin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 pm

Anyone want to go for a ride on Monday night? I finish work at 4 and was looking to go out for a spin to Granton or Kingston. let me know you have a variety of ways to catch me, mobile 0415 717 836 (no pranks thanks!!), email me at work robert_cumine@aami.com.au or text me to the same mobile number.

I would go out with KenSelf but don't want to wait for 2 hours to get out.

Forecast for tomorrow.

Monday March 5th
14deg Low
27 High

9am 14kmh North North Westerly
3pm 17kmh Easterly
40% humidity

Cam

Re: Ride on Monday Night?

Postby Cam » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Tempting, but I have to catch up on Uni work. I'll let you know tomorrow. I knock off at 4:30.

Cheers

Cam
Orbea Enol 09

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:59 am

Rob

how about bike track - easy pace, granton - speed it up, bike track to the base of Bonnett, speed up to the top of Bonnett, then return home?
when do we stop for coffee???

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 am

You could head south of the city, down to snug or something and then catch the shop ride on the way back from Kingston?

I dont have enough in the tank to do both! So cant practice what I preach :lol: Im still a bit knackered from yesterday so not even sure I'll make the shop ride either :oops:

I like the idea of a regular BNA ride though, even if it was only fortnightly. Picking the day is the tricky bit no doubt...

I guess we can start with the days we cant do? For me thats only really mondays and thursdays but obviously the others days could be out at any given time. In terms of riding though those are the only 2 days that are regular.

If we can work out a day then eventually we can rejig things around it to make it fit.

The other option I guess is to tag onto one of the established rides allready out there, would need to be one of the slower groups I spose to encourage everyone, maybe one of the weekend rides?

cheers

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Good idea Baldy but I dont want to do too much today!! :D

Spin the legs over a few kms, you win races by letting the legs recover, which is the most important part of training, recovering and recovery rides. On a recovery ride you shouldnt do over 15-20kmh, very slow I know but your muscles need to re synthesize first. Also not to push the HR past Zone 1-2.

A regular BNA ride on a Saturday morning or early Sunday mornings are good for me. I usualyl ride with my Dome team or TriSouth but we could join in the BNZ ride on Sat mornings or create a BNA ride on Sundays.

I would prefer......Sat mornings or Sunday mornings. I can do Wed mornings or nights perhaps?

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:54 pm

i withdraw my ride suggestion,

I was still buzzing from sunday....now i had a head ached, bad day at the office.

will be doing a recovery ride to granton,

Rob should be at the start of the bike track at 4:30ish

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:33 pm

I just did Cadburys into town this morning 26k trip and along the bike track tonight. Quads still feeling it. Ate really well, lots of protein. Dome tomorrow morning.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Yikes....yep I felt it this morning and was a bit sluggish most of the day. Slowly burning through the 2 steaks/chips n veg I demolished last night :lol:

Went on the shop ride tonight and actually had one of my stronger rides, a bit tired towards the end but felt pretty good considering. Most of the bunch had also rode on sunday, so that made me feel better as we could suffer together :mrgreen: So another 67km's bites the dust....woot!!

The K's are adding up quick this month, I think I'll have a crack at 1000! I would have said give me some of what your on if you told me that 12months ago.....far out I rock :roll: :lol: need another 400 and that should be doable, Im riding down to Kellevie for the 24hr race at the end of the month. Not to race just to watch and hang around and make a nuisance of myself :wink: It will be my first trip on the 520, I just wish a could chuck the MTB on the back!

Waffling again...

About the BNA ride day, how does sunday 10am at the machine laundry in Salamanca square grab ya's :?:
Im not sure if the info is right but apparently theres a group who meet there once a week? Its on the Bike Tas calender so maybe its something we can work with, at least that way the numbers might be a little higher and if one or any of the BNA crew cant make it theres still a chance of a group ride with the others[ Ive got no idea about numbers Ive never done the ride] It doesnt sound fast pace so maybe it could be a "rest" day.

cheers

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:55 am

Sorry Baldy, i will have to miss this sunday, i have my last triathlon on.

I have an idea of a BNA ride but i will start another thread.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:14 am

Sundays are very doable for me and I like that idea. I also know if another group on a Sunday morning that rides. But lets if we can get 2-3 people call it a BNA ride.

Out to Granton and return, a social BNA ride.

Dome this morning 48ks, I lead most of the way out into a headinwind which was alright. Last 20ks was in 39mins flat, several of us attacked up Ten Mile which was fun. I still don't have everything back in my legs yet but good enough to compete. Came over the top in second.