Laptop Pannier Advice

Billscott

Laptop Pannier Advice

Postby Billscott » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone please suggest a good-looking pannier that will take a 17" - 440mm laptop?

My partner's firm bought a big laptop and it's too heavy for a back pack.

What we would like is a pannier bag with the usual compression straps etc for a laptop, plus a flap to cover the hooks and a carrying strap so the laptop can get carried around to meetings, looking business-like.

We saw one once in an LBS, but it was broken and the model had been discontinued.

I've done a lot of research and got nowhere, so I'd be very grateful for your help.

Bill

carrotspoke

Re: Laptop Pannier Advice

Postby carrotspoke » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:47 am

I have a Basil Prima Vista shoulder bag I sometimes use for a laptop bag, but I just put my netbook in it with its neoprene sleeve. They do make laptop-dedicated bags, however, and these are three models:

Preston Officebag, Notebook Bag, and Meddo. I bought my bag online from BSC Bikes; there are other stores which apparently stock Basil, e.g. Abbotsford Cycles, but if you want a particular type you might have to get them to special order it in.

Ortlieb do an office bag with a padded notebook insert.

Jandd have a laptop bag with raincover, in standard black. Another standard black, Arkel Briefcase. In a somewhat different configuration, there's the Axiom Transition Laptop Pannier.

If you want something a little less office-like and somewhat more whimsical, there's the powder blue laptop bag from Cycle Chic.co.uk

I hope this is a good starting point for you! (I did a lot of research before deciding on my gadding-about-town pannier, as you can see....)

Billscott

Postby Billscott » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Hey thanks heaps,

I've been to a hundred sites and not see the Arkel one which looks the goods.

Much appreciated.

Bill

ngalbrai

Postby ngalbrai » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I had the same dilema a while ago, found a US company that makes shock absorbant laptop bags that you can then slide into a normal pannier, they look pretty respectable for carrying the laptop around the office in/meetings etc:

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0390

craigg

Postby craigg » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:30 pm

I bought the following Deuter laptop bag type pannier from Anaconda:

http://www.deuter.com/en/products/32709 ... 06_DEU.php

Think it was around $110 or so. Has water proof cover, is expandable and looks very much like a standard laptop carry bag.

Craig

Billscott

Postby Billscott » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks again, guys.

Now I have almost too many choices.

:-)

MoeJoe

Postby MoeJoe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Now I have almost too many choices.
Hi Bill,