Commuting in peak hour

ngalbrai

Commuting in peak hour

Postby ngalbrai » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:00 pm

Left a fair bit later than usual today so was on the road around 9.00. So much stationary traffic, reaffirmed to me how much better it is by bike! I guess all these people make the same trips daily at the same time and sit in the same queues, would do my head in!

Just another smug cyclist...

casual_cyclist

Re: Commuting in peak hour

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:55 pm

ngalbrai wrote:Left a fair bit later than usual today so was on the road around 9.00. So much stationary traffic, reaffirmed to me how much better it is by bike! I guess all these people make the same trips daily at the same time and sit in the same queues, would do my head in!

Just another smug cyclist...
8)
<removed by request>

rearviewmirror

Postby rearviewmirror » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I estimate I probably pass nearly 5km of queued car every day, I don't know how those poor saps do it every day. I'd go mental.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am

Hi

I had to drive today (too crook to ride) and whilst the drive was okay (counter to the peak hour traffic flow), trying to find a park at work drove me up the wall! I would hate to do this every day!

Andrew
Last edited by Aushiker on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:39 am

Kinda makes you realise why drivers can be so aggro at times...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

rearviewmirror

Postby rearviewmirror » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm

m@ wrote:Kinda makes you realise why drivers can be so aggro at times...
Most "choose" to sit there..... In Melbourne there is abundant bike and public transport available. No reason to sit in a car. I find public transport makes me aggro, as would trying to parking and paying for it. A motorcycle honestly seems like the best compromise, filter to the front at lights, parking wherever the hell you want.

hannos

Postby hannos » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 pm

I prefer to commute on bike in peak hour than drive.
Total trip time is virtually the same whichever mode I use.

If there's an accident anywhere near the roads I use, my car travel time can double. However, this doesn't affect the bike ;)

Public transport: well that'd take me longer to get to work again so that's not an option.

Looking forward to next week. i've been of the bike for 2 1/2 weeks due to some minor medical issue and it's driving me crazy. Intend on doing a short 30km ride on Sunday, hopefully incorporating the Waterfall hill. http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/australia ... 9520449843 from Frenchy's post in another forum: http://sutherlandshirecyclingclub.org.a ... 16#msg2116
2010 BMC SLC01