Coast Challenge smashes 5000 barrier

Aushiker

Coast Challenge smashes 5000 barrier

Postby Aushiker » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:49 pm

G'day

From Bicycle Queensland:
Entries to the Wilson HTM Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge have now closed.

More than 5000 riders have signed up to ride in the Wilson HTM Brisbane to the Gold Coast Cycle Challenge on Sunday 7 October – making it Queensland’s biggest bike ride ever.

Don’t forget there is also still time to raise money for one of our charity partners, the Heart Foundation or Diabetes Australia (Qld).

Rider kits will be mailed on Monday 1 October to all riders who entered the event up to Sunday 30 September. See the Updates page on the B2GC site for details.
Anyone from the forum going in the ride?

Regards
Andrew

beauyboy

Postby beauyboy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:58 pm

I would of been but the other half does not believe he can complete the distance in the required time frame.
On a side note anyone doing the ride with have to take plenty of water with them. This week has been in the low 30s and sunday is forecasted to be 34.
Maybe next year the ride should be brought forward one month.

Donald
BCC give us some more bikeways fore safe travel!!!!
Upgrade the NCL now QR!!!!!!
http://nakedcyclistbrissy.blogspot.com/
My views do not represent any organisation I may be apart of unless otherwise stated

inaminit

Postby inaminit » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:45 pm

I'm registered!!!!! My bike # is 2859.

I got an email from BQ on Monday morning saying entries had just passed 5400, and entries were still open until 5pm that afternoon.

Thankfully, they have 2 drink and food stops at 40km and 76km, and if its as hot n humid as last Sunday was I'll definately be topping up (did 103km last Sunday and ran out of water around 70km). The good news is it looks like the northerly's will be hanging around, so we should have a nice tail wind for most of the ride....I hope!

On another note, you may have seen my thread in general discussion "helping the heart foundation" and I'm wrapt that I've raised over $1800 in online & offline donations so far! (my fundraising site only shows the online donations). It's a fair bit short of my $5000 target, but hopefully I'll hit $2000 before the ride.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB

bda20

Postby bda20 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Good work Anthony I was in the ride this morning to and they said at the start line that ther were over 5500 entrys I just love riding along the bus way :D

I crossed the finish line in 3hrs and 20 mins so not the fastest but still good for me as have not even sat on my bike in the last two months :roll:
quitting is so easy it makes success so sweet

inaminit

Postby inaminit » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:31 pm

Nice work there bda.

What a brilliant day! Even the chaos at the start was totally enjoyable!

I crossed the line in 3:58...thanks to 2 punctures (front and rear at the same time), and a stop for a refill and a quick chat at 70k. I was very happy with my actual riding time of 3:25, especially since my target riding time was under 4:00.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB

ggundersen

Postby ggundersen » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:18 pm

I also wondered in at 3:20
Just have to get that nice picture of me taken at the busway turnoff. I almost look like a pro.

inaminit

Postby inaminit » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:16 pm

Well done gg. I was spuing...the only photo I'm in is a very unflattering photo of me crossing the line...looks like I'm about to pass out and fall off :lol:
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB

europa
Location: southern end of Adelaide - home of hills, fixies and drop bears

Postby europa » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:56 pm

inaminit wrote:Well done gg. I was spuing...the only photo I'm in is a very unflattering photo of me crossing the line...looks like I'm about to pass out and fall off :lol:
And the problem with that is?

The only photo of me in any of my High School yearbooks is me, about to pass out, coming a rather distant last in the 400m sprint :shock: Even in black and white you can see how much I was suffering :roll:

I can claim to have played football with Niel Craig (yes, THE Neil Craig who now coaches the Crows), but only because he's a hell of a nice bloke who didn't mind playing school footy with a pack of no hopers who had to do it as part of PE. For those of you interested in AFL, Craigy was one of those annoying shits at high school who was good academically, extemely good at sport (surprise surprise) but also a very nice bloke into the bargain. He deserves the success he now enjoys because he has the talent, the intelligence and, most importantly, the humanity.

Richard
my crowning glory in school footy was being allowed to be goal umpire ... and they sacked me half way through my first game :roll:
I had a good bike ... so I fixed it