Sunday Tasmanian. Who is the dill?

Sunday Tasmanian. Who is the dill?

Postby master6 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 am

An item in todays Sunday Tasmanian suggests on one hand that the Flu jab promotes swine flu, and then later suggests the Swine flu jab promotes other flu.
Is the journalist confused?
Sorry, I dont know how to include a link to the newspaper item. Perhaps someone else can help?
master6

by BNA » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 am

BNA

Re: Sunday Tasmanian. Who is the dill?

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:45 am

master6, copy the url (the bit on the little box near the top of your browser that starts with http://) into the clipboard.

Hop over to your reply window and click on the button labelled "URL. You will get a "[url][/url]" with the cursor flashing in the middle of it. Paste the URL from the clipboard. It'll then look something like "http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/men-arrested-over-barrier-reef-spill-20100411-s09u.html"

And then finish your post and submit in the normal way.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

Postby master6 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:04 am

Colin, I have two problems.

1. The internet site for the newspaper appears to have news items a day or more old. Perhaps todays item will be on the net tomorrow?

2. Bigger problem. Have you ever met someone with an I.T. handicap? You have now. Thanks for your tips, however I stumbled at "clipboard".
master6

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:30 pm

master6 wrote:Colin, I have two problems.

1. The internet site for the newspaper appears to have news items a day or more old. Perhaps todays item will be on the net tomorrow?

2. Bigger problem. Have you ever met someone with an I.T. handicap? You have now. Thanks for your tips, however I stumbled at "clipboard".

When you select text or an excel cell or a picture or a file or something, and hold down the Ctrl key and then press the "c" key, it gets put onto the "clipboard" (it clobbers whatever else was there though - generally clipboard can only hold one thing). You can then go to somewhere else (like between the "[url]" and "[/url]" i mentioned) and "paste what is in the clipboard to that place. You do this by pressing the holding down the Ctrl key and then press the "v" key. You will then see that url you earlier copied to clipboard miraculously appear.

These shorcut key things are easier to remember if you know why they are chosen. The c key is easy - it stands for Copy. The v key is a bit obscure - Maybe back in the days when we used pens and paper you put a "v" tick sort of mark above something you had written and then writing something extra above it. (Alternatively you put an upside down v UNDER the line.) Well, that's why we use the "v". Real old school.
Unchain yourself - Ride a unicycle .Image
ColinOldnCranky

Return to Tasmania