Make Me Accountable!!

moosterbounce

Make Me Accountable!!

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:16 pm

I'm very embarrassed to admit my calorie intake some days so I thought I better make it public - thanks to Apple in the training motivation thread!! I currently use the iPhone app ShapeUp (free) to count my calories and do a weekly weight monitoring, but I am hovering around a certain weight and can't seem to get lower. I have been lower last year, but it turns out those 5kgs were just hiding in the pantry :(

So...here's a women's only weight loss/gain thread where we can make our goals public and add as much info as we like regarding daily calorie intake. All I ask is that people give a weekly weight - my vote is to do this on Friday as I really can't stand Monday's.

I'll put together a spreadsheet and do all the tracking for those who are keen. If people want this time locked then I can do that, but I don't want to pressure folks into being silly just to win a competition :roll:

My goal was worked out with one of those body scan things (fat vs muscle mass vs bone weight) and I think it is still possible but will be re-evaluated when I get to 75kg and have another one.

Name Current Goal
Moo 82.1 70

Missy24

Re: Make Me Accountable!!

Postby Missy24 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Well done Moo, very brave, its always harder for us girls.

I'll have a think about it as I like to work on CM and how I feel and if I look better in my undies first thing in the morning. I don't weight myself that much.

Even if I decide not to, I'm here to support you and help motivate you!

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks Moo, you started it for me.
I will be in for weigh in on Friday, I would like to lose 8kg and look hot again. Today I also counted my calories. I am going to use the weight watchers point score seeing I know it off by heart.
I would like to see my breasts drop down two cup sizes. Mind you I am still wearing the old bras so I look like I have twin sets in each cup.
Can’t bring myself to buying that granny enormous cup bra that ends up down to your belly button due to being heavy.

so my current goal will be 62kg even though I would like to be 60kg.
current weight 69kg.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 pm

I always lose from my chest...never my butt :roll:

Today is the first time all week I have been under for my calories (consumption - exercise). Yay!! This is what happens when I'm made accountable :D

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Well done... I promise to let you know if I eat bad food...

My waist hasn't gotten smaller in ages, but my lower back and around my stomach has lost a heap of fat, although I did loose heaps of my hips... but it was over a few years, but my hips are 108cm now... never been that small.

But this is about you!!!! Be awesome Moo! We love it!!!

Apple

Postby Apple » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm

It's about me too. Moo has started me off so the calorie count is on. Today was my first day of negative balance.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Apple wrote:It's about me too. Moo has started me off so the calorie count is on. Today was my first day of negative balance.
Ok its about Apple and Mooooooooooooo (I just wanted to do that)

Cooolllllio's, well done on the negative Apple!

stargazir

Postby stargazir » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:58 pm

I know i'm not meant to but I weigh myself every day. Of course my weight goes up and down however I use both scenarios as motivation.
1) My weight goes down - I rejoice and if during the day I feel like eating too much / not exercising I think about how happy I was that morning when the number was good
2) My weight goes up - I feel bad and then try to be good during the day as I remember how bad I felt that morning.

Reading this now I realise it makes me sound a little obsessed. Really i'm not though, I just like to trick my mind. It's all about that accountability. Oh and my theory has worked for a few others I have shared it with.

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

stargazir wrote: Reading this now I realise it makes me sound a little obsessed. Really i'm not though, I just like to trick my mind. It's all about that accountability. Oh and my theory has worked for a few others I have shared it with.
You aren't obsessed at all. I weigh myself every day and use the same theory. I also graph it - now that's obsessed :wink: Can't help it - I like numbers!!

That's why I did the bodyscan as I couldn't see me ever achieving my recommended BMI without losing an arm and a leg. Now I have a realistic weight goal with regular updates (another scan) so I don't get stupid with weight only. I'm never going to be superthin as I have far to much muscle (and have the numbers to prove it :) ).

So Stargazir...are you joining us?

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:01 am

Seeing it is confession time, I weigh myself before meals and after meals 6 times a day and even after using the toilet. When I gain weight I don’t weigh myself at all, so if anyone is obsessed it is me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 am

I am going to put myself on record here too. My weight has stayed (just) within the healthy BMI range for over a decade. I got back to my pre-baby weight by the time my daughter was 1y but not my pre-baby waistline. And over successive years another 5kg and untold cm have crept back on. I thought I was doing ok with my weight but then last year tried a Measure Up tape measure and discovered my waistline is in the risk range. Time to act!

Half an hour minimum exercise every day with two days off allowed per week. At least two rides of longer than one hour.

I am not going to count calories, my eating strategy is...
- Reduce carb serving at meal times
- Stop snacking on biscuits at work
- Stop snacking between meals at home

Goal 65kg - lower would be nice but unless I go back to training 300km+ a week it's not going to happen
Current approx 70kg
Will check my waist too at last check it was over 80cm

My weigh-in day is Tuesday because it will be affected less by whatever excesses have taken place on the weekend.

Steph

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:41 am

I count calories obsessively... I never eat too much at dinner, cause your body needs to shut down and go to sleep and rest, it doesn't rest if you eat to much.

I eat a warm meal at lunch and my breakfast is always oats, one day a week, I allow myself to hit 2000 calories, the lowest amount of calories on any one day is 1200 (I checked with a nutritionist and its ok).

I wake up and think about food, training and training and then after training I think about training... there's nothing wrong with this, its totally normal :mrgreen: I do actually love this!!!

Apple

Postby Apple » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:44 am

I do what steph does, low carb. As soon as I eat carb (love French bread sticks with jam) I gain large amounts of weight.
Also need to count calories. 1200 calories a day is good but if you burn a lot of energy it is best to be increasing your calorie intake. When I don’t exercise I will try and only eat 900 calories but usually it ends up being more. So best for me to stick to 1200 – 1400 if exercising.

stargazir

Postby stargazir » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:35 pm

moosterbounce wrote:
stargazir wrote:
So Stargazir...are you joining us?
Officially no...but I will participate in cheering everyone on. Towards the end of last year I decided I was going to start my "beautiful body 2010" mission. It's worked well and I have lost 6kg. I am now lighter than I have been in 5years and close to the lightest I have been in 10years. I'm now at the point of toning so don't expect my weight to decrease much more hence my lack of official participation.

I'm interested to know what everyone is using to count calories. I don't have an iphone so any kind of ap is not possible. I am playing around with calorieking after seeing it in one of the cycle health threads but am keen to review a few alternatives. Once I settle with something I like I promise to post on days I exceed my allocation (calorieking recommends 1220)

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:38 pm

One of the women at work used Calorie king and lost like 30kg...

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Woohoo another day under my calorie goal - taking into account my exercise. Burned 800 paddling today (damn headwind!!) so it gave me enough leeway to have a HUGE steak for dinner as I felt I really needed the iron, and a home made apple crumble for dessert :D

This thread IS making me accountable!!

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:13 pm

That apple crumble line is making me hungry. :D

Goodonyer Moo.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:27 pm

Mulger bill wrote:That apple crumble line is making me hungry. :D

Goodonyer Moo.

Shaun
I'm happy to share Mum's crumble recipe if ya like Shaun, but can't guarantee cooking it for ya :wink:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:31 pm

:lol: Thanks Moo, yer on.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:46 pm

Better check the recipe thread then Shaun!! :D

crazycanuck

Postby crazycanuck » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 pm

Moo.are you coming to the women's track cycling night this fri?

s-s-a

Postby s-s-a » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 pm

How can you mention apple crumble in this thread that is downright cruel :P

Tuesday report
Start 70kg
Goal 65kg
Current 69.5kg

Steph

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm

crazycanuck wrote:Moo.are you coming to the women's track cycling night this fri?
Noooooooooooo!! Need to paddle on Saturday morning and then walk for 24 hours (well...15 hours anyway) in the Relay For Life. I'm going to be pretty knackered by the end of all that.

6kg until I join in - promise :)

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:57 pm

My day today...well...I'm fat. Chocolate, pizza, more chocolate...my calorie counter can't count that high :(

I don't want to talk about it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:35 am

Moo,
Don't be upset, I undersand, yesterday I did the same. Well I didn’t pig out like you but I had chocolate biscuits :wink: