Bad week.

iaintas

Bad week.

Postby iaintas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Well interesting week cycling to say the least, got 100km ride in before work, only to suffer from dehydration and almost passing out a few times when i stood up the following few days (note to self when its cold i need to force myself to drink water). Finally re hydrated and feeling much better so thought i would enjoy the sunshine and get a quick north south run in this afternoon. Well that didnt turn out so good, first few hundred metres i clipped a tree then into another tree over the handlebars and separated my AC joint. There goes any outdoor riding for the next month :(. guess i will have to bust out the wind trainer. I certainly hope its healed before a cycle touring trip around Europe in 5 weeks. :roll: :roll:

Missy24

Re: Bad week.

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 pm

About drinking water...

I discovered its a lot easier to drink if you have a camelback... and you remember cause the thing is always in front of you

iaintas

Postby iaintas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Was just a silly mistake, i didn't intend on doing 100km when i left, in fact was thinking 50. Ended up going to kingston back then the commando via lower longly. with limited water refueling spots and the cold weather i just didn't really think about dehydration. Its certainly very hard to get back to a good level of hydration once you go past a certain point, was dizzy for 2 days and man it was annoying.

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:51 pm

It happens, also consider keeping some Hydra tablets at home, you can get them from the chemist, they basically help you rehydrate a lot quicker...

Kengs used to set his garmin to beep every 5 minutes to remind him to drink

Pax

Postby Pax » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:27 pm

iaintas wrote: Well that didnt turn out so good, first few hundred metres i clipped a tree then into another tree over the handlebars and separated my AC joint. There goes any outdoor riding for the next month :(. guess i will have to bust out the wind trainer. I certainly hope its healed before a cycle touring trip around Europe in 5 weeks. :roll: :roll:
Ouch..............hope you heal fast!! Be terrible to stuff up the tour. Good luck

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:08 am

ouch....heal well, heal quick

dont fight the non riding/training see it as a free holiday/break/time for tapering. Last year i got swine flu 6 weeks before the Winter Challenge, i aced the ride as i had fresh legs
when do we stop for coffee???

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:31 pm

Barry, riding on "freshness" has been a concept since the word "training" came to mean "cause leg and lung pain". The unfortunate aspect of "freshness" is that only a small dose is of benefit.

Cam

Postby Cam » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Looks like I had a stroke of your bad luck... On the ride home for lunch today going reeeeeaaaaaaly slow for the roundabout on Park st/Bay rd due to the wet road.... front wheel decided to drop out. Bike's fine (bent rear derailleur) and my wrist copped the worst of it. Should be back riding in a couple of days.
Orbea Enol 09

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Bad luck iantas and Cam, hope you both are back on your bikes soonest.

iaintas

Postby iaintas » Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 am

Hows the wrist cam?, my wrist is still sore (other arm to my shoulder injury), been putting off the x-ray all week in the hope it will improve. think i just need to bite the bullet and go get one tomorrow! at least i will stop worrying about it if i can see an x-ray and rule out a bad scaphoid fracture.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue May 04, 2010 8:15 am

iantas - are you riding with Chris? I know Wilding is going on a cyclign trip around EU. Hope your healing quick.

Cam

Postby Cam » Tue May 04, 2010 11:55 am

I'm pretty much right. Still some soreness in the wrist when prodded or doing something like push ups (*pfft* who does push ups!?). But went rock climbing at the gym Friday arvo, rode to Granton return on Saturday and went climbing down at Mt Brown on Sunday, so not going too bad.

Sounds like yours is a lot worse than mine, hope the X-Ray shows you all clear!

Cheers

Cam
Orbea Enol 09

iaintas

Postby iaintas » Tue May 04, 2010 6:43 pm

Well x-ray was all clear, that's a load off my mind.