Women out and about

stargazir

Women out and about

Postby stargazir » Sun May 09, 2010 10:55 am

I saw 7 other females out riding this morning. Plus me = 8. I also saw 6 female walkers (2 with dogs...who may have been female). Considering it's mothers day so all the mums should have been having burnt toast and cold tea in bed I was quite surprised to see so many females. I felt so inspired!

While we often focus on what training we are doing I thought it might be nice to start a thread about times we see other females getting out there. Hopefully its more often than we think!

Missy24

Re: Women out and about

Postby Missy24 » Sun May 09, 2010 10:59 am

Saw a couple of Thousand doing the mothers day fun run, few more female riders out with husbands today... maybe I'm normally too focused on what I'm doing to notice!

bunnybiker

Postby bunnybiker » Sun May 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Women well represented at Southern Vets meet at Casey Fields criterium track. Placegetters in two classes were women.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

I generally see more women jogging or walking than cycling in my area. More female joggers/walkers than male for some reason and more male cyclists than female (talking the 'roadie' cyclists, not commuters or MTBers).

Pax

Postby Pax » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Down in Melbourne today and tomorrow.

THere are an unbelievable number of riders down here compared to Qld AND an apparently very high proportion of them are women riders (again compared to Qld) too. AND that is on a cold cold day compared to Qld's beautiful winters.

Obviously doing something right down here.

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 am

Pax wrote: THere are an unbelievable number of riders down here compared to Qld AND an apparently very high proportion of them are women riders (again compared to Qld) too. AND that is on a cold cold day compared to Qld's beautiful winters.
Did you see any "hawt" looking cycling chicks?

You didn't? Oh, you didn't meet Missy then :P
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 am

Christine Tham wrote:
Pax wrote: THere are an unbelievable number of riders down here compared to Qld AND an apparently very high proportion of them are women riders (again compared to Qld) too. AND that is on a cold cold day compared to Qld's beautiful winters.
Did you see any "hawt" looking cycling chicks?

You didn't? Oh, you didn't meet Missy then :P

That's because she's in bed lazing about!
2010 BMC SLC01