+2 :D :D :D :D
FPR Ragamuffin

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tour of California

Postby AUbicycles » Tue May 25, 2010 7:11 am

plus plus plus,
The giro alternative. Good news for Rogers...

I am sure most have caught the sidenote, Haußler droped out of the Tour of California early due to crashes, back in Germany was at a party, on the way home was in a car accident and above the legal limit. Not good news however he already released an apology.
Cycling is in my BNA

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:01 am

what an awesome final stage - mick was copping it from all sides and held on to take the win!!!
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue May 25, 2010 11:58 am

JV911 wrote:what an awesome final stage - mick was copping it from all sides and held on to take the win!!!
haven't watched it yet, but bodes well for the TdF :D

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue May 25, 2010 4:43 pm

MichaelB wrote:
JV911 wrote:what an awesome final stage - mick was copping it from all sides and held on to take the win!!!
haven't watched it yet, but bodes well for the TdF :D
I wonder if Mick will get much help in the TDF thou...a bit for sure but it will always be the Cav show.
The Giro is so crazily difficult this year that a rider could win without a strong team...even thou Leakygas is proving to be pretty strong.You can't do well in the tour without a lot more team help.

cf73

Postby cf73 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 pm

I have been watching both the Giro and the Tour of California and have only really watched cycling in the past when the Tour De France is on. But since buying a good bike recently and getting out there I am looking for more cycling events to watch.
I have never watched the Tour Of California before and I was surprised how good it was to watch. The coverage was much better than Eurosports on Austar and seemed very well organised. Also I didnt find the Giro that interesting to watch until this week, the opening stages in Holland was really drab to look at. I admit in the last few stages the difficulty of the Giro's stages surpased those of the ToC with some big climbs.

My question is, why would they schedule two highly competitive events at the same time??? It seemed that more of the high profile riders favoured the ToC and I presume that this is so they are not physically drained for the TdF in 5 weeks time. But does this put pressure on the Giro to move its dates further out from the TdF? Is the ToC deemed a better lead up race for the biggest event of the year?
How do you like them ******* apples???

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

Thats a question many people are asking...$$$ is the reason,but it is pretty stupid...really dilutes both races.
PS...The Giro has been a May race for a long time...TOC only changed dates this year.

cf73

Postby cf73 » Tue May 25, 2010 9:39 pm

I thought that money would have been a big part.

I do find it hard to imagine how a cyclist (even a fit pro rider) could sufficiently recover after 3,300 kms to then back it up with a peak performance 4 weeks or so later for another 3,500kms or so. It doesnt surprise me that a top rider in a good team would prefer to 'get their eye in' doing the ToC
How do you like them ******* apples???