28th Oct (Bad weather) or 4th Nov (Good weather)?

gdl_gdl

28th Oct (Bad weather) or 4th Nov (Good weather)?

Postby gdl_gdl » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:04 pm

Given the forecasts for tomorrow and given that next week is heading towards the late 20's then I suggest that we move the ride to next Sunday. (I don't think the temps have passed 15 C today!)

We can stick with tomorrow but as per Cray's comment, I think they'll be a few pikers coupled with the commencement of daylight savings (so you have an hour less in the sack!)

My vote is for the 4th Nov;

Cheers,

Gary

gdl_gdl

Postby gdl_gdl » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm

Whoops! I forgot it's the Red Bull Race on the 4th Nov! :oops:

The 28th it is then! (Subject to rain! :wink: )

Cheers,

Gary

cray-

Postby cray- » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:26 pm

Would we get enough people interested if we made it a recurring thing? Every Sunday at 8am at the bells for whomever is interested? OR have many people gone out of their way to make arrangements for an early Sunday ride?

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:32 pm

I normally ride early on Sundays with the WA Human Powered Vehicle Group (wahpv.org), and ALL bike/trike types are welcome! We usually have a couple of DF bikes along, so you certainly will be made welcome if you want to join in. The pace is very social and we stop in a few places for coffee and/or breakfast. I think it will be too early for most pikers here though - 7.00am at the Burswood is the normal starting time. :shock: :wink:

If I'm not keen on planned WAHPV ride, I will often go up into the hills on my MTB. Once again, anyone who wants to join me is most welcome, but it'll be an early start (especially over summer - I dislike the heat of riding later than about 10.00am.)

So, to summarise, I normally have a ride every Sunday anyway. The bicyles.net.au group rides are going to be outside my normal routine, but I'm willing to make occasional sacrifices for you guys .... :D

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....