Salamanca Ride?

RobRollin

Salamanca Ride?

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:24 pm

I kinow there is a regular ride on Sunday mornings from Salamanca. What I dont know if, what time exactly do they leave and where from in Salamanca. That being said they would be easy to run into.

This bunch usually has between 6-10 riders in it, varying in ability, social ride, out to Granton I beleive.

Baldy

Re: Salamanca Ride?

Postby Baldy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah Ive seen that online somewhere, it was 10am at the Machine Cafe[the laundromat]

I think the route is decided by whoever turns up, though I havnt made it to one yet.

One thing im not sure of if its strictly roadies or not? Or a mix of tourers/hybrids with a pannier or two ?

I know some people dont like having anything but roadies in a bunch but personally I dont care, on a relaxed ride like this I cant see a problem. I guess I'll have to rock up on the 520 one day and find out :oops:

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Is this the wine tasting ride?

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Im not sure, http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... 0gmail.com thats where I got my info from.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:40 am

I dont know about hybrids etc, Ive only ever seen roadies in the bunch. Same with Dome...actually twice I have seen a MTB. I don't think it matters MTB or roadie, but panniers, I think in a bunch ride might be dangerous. If your a on a MTB you would want to be able to stay with the roadies though.

I wont check it out this Sunday but next I might. I have seen them earlier than 10am though :|

master6

Postby master6 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 pm

RobRollin wrote:I dont know about hybrids etc, Ive only ever seen roadies in the bunch. Same with Dome...actually twice I have seen a MTB. I don't think it matters MTB or roadie, but panniers, I think in a bunch ride might be dangerous. If your a on a MTB you would want to be able to stay with the roadies though.

I wont check it out this Sunday but next I might. I have seen them earlier than 10am though :|
Panniers? Aren't they for people leaving home?