Rudy Project Kontact+ Helmet

Robdog

Rudy Project Kontact+ Helmet

Postby Robdog » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Rudy Project Kontact+ Medium

Piccy
Bought from www.E-Rudy.com.au for $60, down from $199
Obviously appealed to me because its a 200$ Lid for less than 2/3rds the sticker price. Can't go far wrong there
How it is used
Used for casual rides, little bit of commuting and decorating my bedroom, approx 200 km/week

Description
Mine is the white, red & blue model listed on the above link. Looks schmick, I love the design of the back. Weighs in at 330g, so far from the lightest (though the American site lists 279g as the weight :?). The ratchet adjuster works well, easy to find a size that suits and releases quick & easy if the need takes you. It has masses of padding inside, and blue mesh fabric joining them which is designed to stop stinging insects getting in via the vents and stinging - good thinking. Little foam pad between the buckles and your chin for added comfort I imagine - has proved a little awkward in the 30 k's I have done so far, but time will tell. Having only had one ride with it, I can't comment too much further on it yet, but will update as I go - Pads seem to dissipate sweat pretty well, and the extra 50 or so grams don't make it sit on my head like a boulder

Bear in mind I've only ever had an el cheapo LBS special before this, so it might be terrible by modern standards. It might also be legendary. As long as it protects my head in case of an accident, I'm happy

Positives
Design is pretty traditional but with a little flair - definitely no Catlike copy
Fits well
Easy to adjust
Insect mesh
Heaps of padding
Nice solid feel
Good colour scheme
Price
Matches my sunnies 8)
2019 BMC TimeMachine R01
201x S-Works Shiv
2009 Avanti Cadent Team

Robdog

Re: Rudy Project Kontact+ Helmet

Postby Robdog » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:40 pm

Since writing up the review I've had a chance to use the helmet a bit more, and the only issue I've come up with is a weird creaking noise that seems to be coming from the plastic fitting mechanism when it flexes - a little annoying at times but there appears to be nothing wrong with it structurally. Other than that it's all smooth sailing
2019 BMC TimeMachine R01
201x S-Works Shiv
2009 Avanti Cadent Team