Stolen Norco Kokanee from Media House, Collins Street, Melb

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
aperfectidiot

Stolen Norco Kokanee from Media House, Collins Street, Melb

Postby aperfectidiot » Fri May 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Had my brand new 2010 Norco Kokanee MTB/hybrid nicked at 8:45am, 27 May 2010 from The Age building in Spencer Street. Taken from our 'secure' area at work.
As seen here: http://www.bikes.com.au/p/1068989/2010- ... 0-off.html

Black MTB, disc brakes front and rear, pedal cages, head and tail lights, tool pouch under saddle.

Also taken, White Lazer helmet and Corazzo gloves. Cops are on it.
Anyone with any info please call me: 0425760500

Also - anyone with legal advise about whether the company might be liable as the bike was stored within their building?
Last edited by Mulger bill on Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Image sorted

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Stolen Norco Kokanee from Media House, Collins Street, M

Postby Mulger bill » Fri May 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Bugger! Not 150m from where I was working. I've been past that building and there's no way I'd call a boomgate secure.

Good luck with it mate.

Cheers
Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

aperfectidiot

Postby aperfectidiot » Sun May 30, 2010 4:31 pm

You might be thinking of the old Age building - the new one is near southern cross station and is less obviously unsecure - access is via swipecard or through loading bay (manned at all times) so most of us thought it secure. Two kids 'tailgated' another cyclist in (who didn't challenge them) and wandered around the basement for 40 minutes - security didn't see them on the various cameras. Sadly they just grabbed the bike and gear and rode off - no fear at all!

Moral of the story - always lock up! These guys were not at all concerned - clearly had done this before - I'm sure they'll hit other buildings soon.

Cops have security footage so hopefully they'll track them down before too many other bikes go missing. Treating it as a burg so a little more likely to follow up than a theft off the street. Don't hold out hopes of getting the bike back. Less than a month old - and a birthday gift to boot!

Anyway, thanks for uploading the pic - and would have been great to say g'day under better circumstances.

cheers,
lucas

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun May 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Oh yeah, sorry. That ugly building with the big screen across Collins St from the really ugly building.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

aperfectidiot

Postby aperfectidiot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Yeah, Fairfax does UGLY very well!

I've set up this facebook page - trying to get some 6 degrees going on!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/6-degrees ... 6457209843- please join if you can - spread the word - across as many people as possible!!!