Why is it so?

Bobbo

Why is it so?

Postby Bobbo » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:19 pm

I'm in the market for a recumbent trike. The money is waiting to be spent. I browse the internet and stand in awe of the beaut websites. They extol the virtues of the various machines. Several of them have bios telling me how highly qualified the various principals are. I send off emails asking for prices, etc, and then..........Nothing! Two firms reply asking some questions to help fit me for a trike, five firms dont even bother to reply at all?! I answer the questions that I am asked and then......Nothing! The whole experience is a bit like shouting into a room full of cotton wool. Why is this so? Can it be possible that all these factories and dealerships are so overwhelmed that they are not looking for business? If this is so, why not mention it on their expensive websites?
Does anyone have a secondhand recumbent trike for sale? I promise I will reply to all posts. Cheers to all, Bobbo.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Why is it so?

Postby Kalgrm » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:24 pm

G'day Bobbo,

Welcome to the forum. Which part of the country are you in?

Are you calling the companies or the retailers? Maybe they are not set up to sell directly to the public, in the same way that Holden or Giant don't sell to the public (they sell through dealers). This is pure speculation on my part, BTW.

I'm told that Greenspeed are very responsive and willing to talk about their products, but I assume that would be one of the companies you've tried to speak with.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

michael.priest

Postby michael.priest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 am

Bobbo, I've sent you a PM.

TrikeTragic

Postby TrikeTragic » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Hi Bobbo:

So....How did you go?

Cheers

Alan
Alan
BentCyclist

Bobbo

Postby Bobbo » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks for the interest, Allan. I,m well on the way to being fitted with a trike. I havn't taken delivery yet and dont expect to for a couple of months. If you are interested, after I have given it a few runs I will let you know all about it.
Best wishes, Bobbo.

TrikeTragic

Postby TrikeTragic » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi Bobbo:

Thanks for the update...I will be interested in your trike experience when you get it.

Happy for you to pm me - in the end, where did you go for the purchase and what brand of trike?

A few months sounds a fair wait......

Cheers

Alan
Alan
BentCyclist