Wanted to buy - 24 inch boys bike

cp123

Wanted to buy - 24 inch boys bike

Postby cp123 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Howdy locals...

Does anybody have an outgrown 24 inch geared boys bike hanging around the shed that they'd be prepared to sell to a good home? It doesn't need to be brand spanking new, but I'd like it if it was functional and in at least reasonable to good knick - well a bit better than the revolve bikes. :lol: For a little tacker who's outgrown his 16 inch jobbie and who doesn't know how to ride a geared bike yet. But school holidays are soon upon us and that's another job on the to do list. :lol:

(Did see one in the Tuesday classies that i've rung up about) but I thought I'd try here too. PS - nothing girly looking or pink please... :roll: :lol:

Thanks in advance guys.

:D

ifixbikes

Re: Wanted to buy - 24 inch boys bike

Postby ifixbikes » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm

Not sure if they have 24" bikes, but I know Cycle Surgery has 50% off this month. http://www.allclassifieds.com.au/ac/ac0 ... 995&ss=ACT
May be worth a call.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 pm

Something like this cp?

Me lad grew outta his earlier this year, and surprising coincidence, I'm giving it a full service before putting it on the market.

It's in good nick mechanically, a little paint off but not much. I'm replacing the brakeblocks, not so much because they need it but because I think they should.

The 3x7 gripshift and bolt up axles have been subbed for rapidfire and QRs too.

PM me if you want to talk about it.

Shaun

EDIT Second look at the pic shows a difference, my lads runs a suspension fork and adjustable threadless stem.

S
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

slik50

Postby slik50 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 pm

Hi,

I have a 24 Inch Avanti in black. My son has outgrown it. It is still in good nick with suspension forks and grip shifters.

I'm after $100 for it if anyone is interested (it cost me $400). PM me if you are interested.

Rob

cp123

Postby cp123 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 pm

ahhh guys - why oh why didn't i get back in here before now? :roll: I would love to have taken either of your treadleys off your hands. One of the kiddos was at a garage sale on the weekend and saw one. I looked at it, took it for a spin and once i replace the brake pads on it it should do his job. Darn - it was just a fluke with timing. I would've happily taken either of yours.

thanks for your assistance too guys. I might be looking after a cheap teenage boy size mtb too in the future. Big kid has my old mixte (but that's too gay :roll: ) and not really suitable for trundling around stromlo if we ever get the urge.