Tour de Suisse

jules21

Re: Tour de Suisse

Postby jules21 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:00 pm

get well soon Kim. that's really scary to hear about.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 am

Frank Schleck won.. just ahead of Armstrong. Was it last years TDF that Andy and Frank were teasing Armstrong with a bunch of break aways and forcing him to work hard.

Sad news about Kim Kirchen - not completely unusual that young sports professionals have these problems though it is seems tough to get to the cause
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:52 am

There seems to be a rising occurrence of heart related issues/deaths lately. Starting off with the tragedy in Qatar last year with Nolff and some others have had heart issues and now Kim Kirchen. Scary ineed. Hopefully all ends well.

What a change in the final stage. Pity Steve Morabito missed out on the lat podium step, but BMC had a great TdS with 2 stage wins and 3 of the Jerseys. Some good signs for TdF - dare we dream ?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:43 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Sad news about Kim Kirchen - not completely unusual that young sports professionals have these problems though it is seems tough to get to the cause
it's been revealed that Kim has been suffering from heart problems for some time and even had a procedure earlier this year. lord knows why he was still competing - that's commitment for you - but i think we can safely rule out 'artificial' causes in his case, at least as the trigger for this incident. given his knowledge of his condition, it's hard to believe he wasn't do everything in his power to stay healthy.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:55 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Frank Schleck won.. just ahead of Armstrong. Was it last years TDF that Andy and Frank were teasing Armstrong with a bunch of break aways and forcing him to work hard.
Glad I didnt venture into this thread until I was watching schleck step up onto the podium.... :P

Shown delayed on OneHD here (and nice to see cycling getting a bit more coverage too)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

cpical

Postby cpical » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:58 am

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 am

jules21 wrote:it's been revealed that Kim...had a procedure earlier this year.
confirmed or speculation?

get well kim!
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

JV911

Postby JV911 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 am

<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Go Frank!!

Hes a good 'un , dedicating his win to Kim. A mix of confidence and humility I think big bro is a class act 8) Even if he is a bit of a crash test dummy on the bike at times :mrgreen:

First time following this tour and I really enjoyed it. Onehd's coverage was so much better than what was served up from the Giro, I dont dislike any of the commentators im just talking the quality of the picture. Only gripe would be missing some of the big climbs that came earlier in the stages, even missed one of the big unclassified ones! But cant really complain, what I did see was free :)

toolonglegs

Postby toolonglegs » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I seem to remember that the Schlecks are not (or were not ) the best of buddies with Kirchen.
But a nice gesture all the same.

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Ah ok, I didnt know that. Though I had not even heard of the Schlecks before last years TDF. Before then I could count on one hand the number of pro's I could name. You know, Cadel, Lance, Robbie and Mick...pretty much it.. oh plus ol Phil A. but I dont remember him for cycling, just his beevis like chin :o :lol:

So take anything I say about pro cycling with a grain of salt.

This is where I saw him mention it http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck ... ace-steady