My bike insurance

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

My bike insurance

Postby Apple » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:49 pm

I just checked on my bike insurance to see what I was actually covered for.
I must say I am pleased with the answer of NRMA
My bike is insured for a large amount of money (because It is beautiful), it is covered under something called home insurance portable policy which means I can use it outside on the road but not in a race. If I am liable to any other vehicle on the road it is covered for 20 million dollars under the public liability of my policy. Just thought I would share that with you girls who were not sure about insurance, I am sure the guys already know all this.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
Apple

by BNA » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm

BNA

Re: My bike insurance

Postby Missy24 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:54 pm

I have it as well, very easy to get, I'm covered for everything as well.

Because I don't think I should have to fork out 5k for a new bike if I screw up... :lol:
Missy24

Postby Baggy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:13 am

Handy information - thank you! I need to look into getting my nice new bike insured.
Baggy

Postby ClownBoy » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:03 am

Apple wrote:I just checked on my bike insurance to see what I was actually covered for.
I must say I am pleased with the answer of NRMA
My bike is insured for a large amount of money (because It is beautiful), it is covered under something called home insurance portable policy which means I can use it outside on the road but not in a race. If I am liable to any other vehicle on the road it is covered for 20 million dollars under the public liability of my policy. Just thought I would share that with you girls who were not sure about insurance, I am sure the guys already know all this.

I get the same with HBA.

For those who do race - rather than being double insured permanently - you can choose to insure with Velosure for a period that covers your race. You have to have a minimum 2 months in the policy when you sign up (so for me, my quote was $40 per month so $80 total). That is reasonable when you have a couple of races together within a 2-3 month period.
ClownBoy

Return to Women's Cycling