Good ride last Saturday

master6

Good ride last Saturday

Postby master6 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Weather was good, company was good, course was good, I started out in a group of about 20, and arrived back with Rob and Eric. Is everyone safe and accounted for, or should we start a search party? "Bring back Daisy " I say.

RobRollin

Re: Good ride last Saturday

Postby RobRollin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:13 am

Thanks Geoff, everyone talked about how strong you are. You would have been fearsome when you raced!

I enjoyed the ride, a bit longer than I expected so I was fairly tired going through Cambridge into that hellacious wind. Once we got to Tunnel Hill I felt a bit better. We lost Steve, no one waited so he went up Grass Tree by himself. He realized half way, no-one was infront of him. He said it was a easier ride though thank going through Cambridge. He took the easier route lol.

I would prefer more structured rides, in-fact let us converse and find a route for everyone for this weekend.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:58 am

GOOD RIDE!!!

I think it will be the last time jeff and i plan the ride though. We were ment to go back via grass tree but some of the pther guys decided to head the other way so they could go straight home, oh well. The bridge was a new experience.

dont know abput his staurday, i might be at the TT (AT) Richmond
when do we stop for coffee???

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:30 am

doh, i cant to the TT now as my Tri south rego just expired, it is just too expensive to race without it. :cry:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:20 am

Thats a pain Barry. The Tri rego isn't cheap either!!! Does STVCC still do three race licenses? Then again you could pay for the three day license and still have to pay for the Tri rego.

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:10 pm

RobRollin wrote:Thats a pain Barry. The Tri rego isn't cheap either!!! Does STVCC still do three race licenses? Then again you could pay for the three day license and still have to pay for the Tri rego.
Yes , STVCC can arrange a 3 day licence for $44. If you decide to buy an annual CA licence after that, in the same year, the $44 is given as a credit against the cost of an annual licence. I read last week, on the CA site I think, that from 1/7/10 a six monthly licence is available. At a glance I thought that the discount was not all that great, however as it was not of interest to me I did not study the matter too closely.
Dont rely on hearsay, go to STVCC site and contact David Buckingham, Phil Jarvie, or Nigel Cross.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

$125 for TriSouth membership. $44 for a three day license. Cycling is expensive! :shock:

master6

Postby master6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:07 pm

RobRollin wrote:$125 for TriSouth membership. $44 for a three day license. Cycling is expensive! :shock:
Rob, you are not comparing apples with apples.
Does the $125 give you a 12 month membership of TriSouth?
If so, you need to compare this with an annual CA licence cost.

When you have the annual costs for each organisation, you could go a step further and determine how many events you can enter for the year. With cycling, it is almost every weekend; I dont know about the Tri scene.

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:38 am

master6 wrote:
RobRollin wrote:$125 for TriSouth membership. $44 for a three day license. Cycling is expensive! :shock:
Rob, you are not comparing apples with apples.
Does the $125 give you a 12 month membership of TriSouth?
If so, you need to compare this with an annual CA licence cost.

When you have the annual costs for each organisation, you could go a step further and determine how many events you can enter for the year. With cycling, it is almost every weekend; I dont know about the Tri scene.

my understanding is that the Tri South aslo covers STVCC races and also the CA, thus its more bang for your buck....but i may be wrong.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm only comparing it, well not really, I was just stating t own both licenses costs a fair bit. but now we are on the topic...

TriSouth license will enable you to race in co sanctioned events (some time trials which are yet to be sanctioned), as well as the Tri season.

The Vets license will let you race in the Vets season and the sanctioned Tri/Vets races but not the Tri season. Barry raced the Tri season last year, therefore probably better to buy the Tri license and race the co sanctioned events. Or if he wants to race road...buy the Vets license and race the road events and TT events.

For myself, a Vets license would let me race the TT series and the co sanctioned events. As I want to race in the Tri season as well, I'l have to buy both licenses. I'll check my current CA license, if it's still valid.

Also, we have a Tri south meeting coming up to determine sanctioned events. Somehow....I got onto the Race Committee!! :o :shock: :?

BarryTas

Postby BarryTas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Cheers Rob, i will reg with trisouth, then i can do the tris and TTS. I cant race Vets as i am too young :oops: :wink:

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Just a hint.... sanctioned TT with the Vets maybe on the 1/8, 5/12 Looks like Tri are having their own TT series as well, and we will have a a couple of Twilight races (Twilight Series)

You can still race Vets, anyone can race Vets actually. As there is no other organized races, the Vets now have graded categories as well. Years ago, there used to be different clubs for age groups etc, but they were disbanded for on reason or another and the Vets are the remaining group. Most of the Vets used to race when they were younger, so they now are the Vets.