Tour De France Official Programme

bigi

Tour De France Official Programme

Postby bigi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Hey guys,

Newbie here, just a quick question

Every year i follow the Tour De France and it is a dream of mine to one day follow it across france.

Could some one please tell me the best place to purchase the Official Tour De France Programme from.

Many thanks in advance and i hope you all enjoy the couvareg this year, i know i will

gauchoracer

Re: Tour De France Official Programme

Postby gauchoracer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Greetings bigi,
I have seen two versions at newsagents,
The RIDE Magazine version, (aparently the offficial one), and the Triathlon Magazine version, (I have the RIDE version, so I have not read this one).
Should be in all good newsagencies..
Enjoy...
Max...
Rule No 1: Have Fun.
07 Avanti Blade Comp.
08 Teschner Piuma SL.
10 Norco Storm MTB.

bigi

Postby bigi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:08 pm

THATS THE ONE I AM AFTER, THANKYOU VERY MUCH, I JUST SAW THE UK VERSION ON THE NET WHICH COMES WITH WALL POSTERS AND A DVD.
THE MISSES IS AT THE NEWSAGENT NOW AND HAS FOUND ME A COPY OF THE RIDE MAGAZINE OFFICIAL GUIDE, CANT WAIT TO GET MY GRUBBY LITTLE HANDS ON IT. AWESOME

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:14 pm

heheh

someone's excited ;)
2010 BMC SLC01

SpinninWheels

Postby SpinninWheels » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi All,

Any word on what TV statiosn will have coverage of the Tour?

SW.

hannos

Postby hannos » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:18 pm

SpinninWheels wrote:Hi All,

Any word on what TV statiosn will have coverage of the Tour?

SW.

SBS!!

Scroll down to 10pm :0
2010 BMC SLC01

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Prologue is actually the first part of the coverage live (AT) 2am Sun morning :D
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

HAKS wrote:Prologue is actually the first part of the coverage live (AT) 2am Sun morning :D
Hi

Midnight actually and 8:00 AM Sunday night ... so civilised :)

Andrew
Andrew

JV911

Postby JV911 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:02 pm

bicycling aus mag has one too but ride mag is superior
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

bigi

Postby bigi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

thanks the ride mag is full on, 292 pages, im going to struggle to read it all in time for the start, oh well good reading for over the 3 weeks

bigi

Postby bigi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 pm

Aushiker wrote:
HAKS wrote:Prologue is actually the first part of the coverage live (AT) 2am Sun morning :D
Hi

Andrew
sorry mate, thats Western Australia time, doesnt count, on the East coast the prologue starts at 2.00am sunday, highlights at 6.00pm sunday 30 minutes (pretty weak imo only 30 minutes) and stage 1 at 10.00 pm sunday night

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:21 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Hi

Andrew
8am Sunday Night? :P
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

cp123

Postby cp123 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Dear Wife/Husband, Sweetheart/Girl Friend/Boy Friend, Partner/whoever it may concern.

1. Between the 3rd and 25th of July 2010, you should read the sports section of the newspaper so that you are aware of what is going on regarding the World of Cycling and that way, you will be able to join in the conversations. If you fail to do this, then you will be looked at in a less than favourable way, or you will be totally ignored. DO NOT complain about not receiving any attention.

2. During the Tour de France, the television is mine - at all times, without any exceptions. If you even take a glimpse of the remote control, you will lose it (your eye).

3. If you have to pass by in front of the TV during a stage I don’t mind, as long as you do it crawling on the floor and without distracting me.

4. During the stages, I will be blind, deaf and mute, unless I require a refill of my drink or something to eat. You are out of your mind if you expect me to listen to you, open the door, answer the telephone, or pick up the baby that just fell on the floor....It won’t happen.

5. It would be a good idea for you to keep at least 2 six packs in the fridge at all times, as well as plenty of things to nibble on (excluding your body parts) and please do not make any funny faces to my friends when they come over to watch the stages. In return, you will be allowed to use the TV between 12am and 6am, unless they replay a good part of a stage that I missed during the day.

6. Please, please, please!! If you see me upset because one of my favorite riders is losing, DO NOT say “get over it, it’s only a race”, or “don’t worry, he’ll win next time”. If you say these things, you will only make me angrier and I will love you less. Remember, you will never ever know more about cycling than me and your so called “words of encouragement” will only lead to a break up or divorce.

7. You are welcome to sit with me to watch one stage and you can talk to me during the dodgy helicopter shots and when the commercials are on and only if the race is pleasing me. In addition, please note I am saying “one” stage; hence do not use the Tour de France as a nice cheesy excuse to “spend time together”.

8. The replays of the important bits during the race are very important. I don’t care if I have seen them or I haven’t seen them. I want to see them again, many times.

9. Tell your friends NOT to have any babies, or any other child related parties or gatherings that require my attendance because:
a) I will not go, b) I will not go and c) I will not go.

10. But, if a friend of mine invites us to his house on a Sunday to watch a stage, we will be there in a flash.

11. The daily Tour de France highlights show on TV every night is just as important as the live stages themselves. Do not even think about saying “but you have already seen this...why don’t you change the channel to something we can all watch?” Because, the reply will be, “Refer to Rule #2 of this list”.

12. Finally, please save your expressions such as “Thank God the Tour de France is only on once a year”. I am immune to these words, because before and after this, comes the Tour of Flanders, Paris-Roubaix, The Giro d’Italia, Tour of Britain and the Vuelta a Espana etc, etc.

(By the way, if you get stuck on the road and the car has broken down……….. call the Police or AA.)

Thank you for your cooperation.