Dyno Taboo Tiki beach cruiser

hewey

Dyno Taboo Tiki beach cruiser

Postby hewey » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:21 pm

This is my baby, a Taboo Tiki made by Dyno. They were designed by hot rod/kustom kulture artist Von Franco

Catalogue image of a stocker

Every self respecting cruiser needs whitewalls! I got hibiscus tread pattern whitewalls from Electra (they're called blossom trail tyres if you want to chase them down)

I also added some ape hanger bars and orange jet black grips to match the rims. Seen here cruising a hot rod run in Canberra with my girl

Mid-ride along the Thiroul-Gong bikepath, worked out I did 35kms :wink: Picnic basket worked great for stashing water, wallet, keys, food etc

mrmorbid

Re: Dyno Taboo Tiki beach cruiser

Postby mrmorbid » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:53 am

G'day Hewey,
Love the Tiki cruiser and the Felt. I have just won an Electra Rat Fink from ebay, and can't wait to pick it up next week.
I just missed out on a Felt Torch like the one you used to have, which was a good thing as I was struggling to decide which one to go for, and could have ended up with both.
Cheers,
Darren

18htan

Postby 18htan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:48 pm

Big Big Fan of Dyno's.

I have 2 Tiki's... One still in the box.

Working towards a complete collection of the entire range. Just short a couple...

Looks great with the Ape Hangers Hewey!

hewey

Postby hewey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks guys :D

The Rat Fink is a gorgeous bike, loved them for a while. 8)

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Tue May 03, 2011 4:22 pm

G'day fellow Dyno lovers. Just picked up a tiki to add to my Dyno collection. any body got one of those front lights (not the tiki itself, already got that working!.....though i might power it up w/ a .5w LED ) they're not wanting?
And any ideas for a taillight.....thinking VINCENT/LUCAS motorcycle one re-powered.