Training Partner in Eastern Suburbs?

spudley

Training Partner in Eastern Suburbs?

Postby spudley » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Hey everyone!

I've just brought myself a new road bike and looking to get back into shape again. I live up mount dandenong, but not ready to take on the big hill yet, not yet anyway.

I have Tuesdays and Sundays off work and generally ride along the Eastern Freeway path from Doncaster Park n' Ride into the city and back as often as possible, About 40kms return. (usually once a week).

I guess what I'm trying to get to is that I'm looking for a regular training partner in a similar situation to myself, and similar level of fitness (I'm a big bloke, and would like to get to the sub 90kg mark, but one step at a time hey! ;) )

Looking for someone that would ideally be available on tuesdays from morning to mid arvo, and ready for some reasonably flat rides but clocking up 50km plus and looking to increase these distances/ hills over time.

If you too are looking for a training partner, let me know and we might be able to organise something :D

cheers,
spudley

matt.blak

Re: Training Partner in Eastern Suburbs?

Postby matt.blak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Spudley, Casey All Stars are riding on Sunday 11-Jul from Hampton Park to Tooradin & return along the Sth Gippsland Hwy, about 50km.We leave at 7am, so there will be little traffic, andf its flat, just a few small hills.

We wil probably average 25-30 kmh, if this sounds like what you are doing, come along and join us. I think it is about 40 mins from Kalorama to Hampton Park, probably the same as you drive Doncaster.

Meet at 6:50 for a 7am start, McDonalds on Sth Gippsland Hwy Hampton Park.

That takes care of one of your days, just need another ride for Tuesday

Matt.Blak
Wilier GTR

silkishuge

Postby silkishuge » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:33 am

matt.blak wrote:Spudley, Casey All Stars are riding on Sunday 11-Jul from Hampton Park to Tooradin & return along the Sth Gippsland Hwy, about 50km.We leave at 7am, so there will be little traffic, andf its flat, just a few small hills.

We wil probably average 25-30 kmh, if this sounds like what you are doing, come along and join us. I think it is about 40 mins from Kalorama to Hampton Park, probably the same as you drive Doncaster.

Meet at 6:50 for a 7am start, McDonalds on Sth Gippsland Hwy Hampton Park.

That takes care of one of your days, just need another ride for Tuesday

Matt.Blak

That is a good road to ride. Road shoulder the whole way. Perfect for someone still new into riding. A decent cafe or two in that area as well and and there is caldermeade farm just a few km further up the road for some yummy pies. I used to live in Coronet Bay, near Grantville so I know the area quite well.

J

spudley

Postby spudley » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:03 pm

I'll keep the allstars in mind for future but i've already agreed to the BNA melbourne ride this sunday..

cheers for the heads up, and anyone else interested in local rides, please let me know :)

cheers,
spudley.

brit_in_oz

Postby brit_in_oz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:57 pm

I ride up to the base of the Dandenongs quite often from Mount Waverley so i am sure we could catch up - depending what the weather looks like Sunday morning i will catch you at the BNA ride
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius

spudley

Postby spudley » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Awesome, thanks brit!
i'll have a chat to you on sunday if u end up coming along :)

Fraggle

Postby Fraggle » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Spudley,

I know this ride is on a Saturday morning but it is short(-ish) ride that isn't far from Mt.D and we generally are finished riding by 8am at the latest. If you can fit in you are more than welcome. Ringwood Road Ride

and you did say that you are not busy on Tuesdays so here's a slighty faster group ride that rides from Tuesday through to Friday
Maling Room Road Ride

You seem to ride the Eastern Freeway Bike path alot. Why not vary it by using Doncaster Rd(newly installed Bus lane helps), Springfield Rd and even Whitehorse Rd/Maroondah Hwy.

Good luck and maybe will see you soon.

Fraggle

spudley

Postby spudley » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 pm

thanks for the links fraggle, i'll check em out :)

The sat morning ride is a possibility because i work in the city (AT) 10am, so if i park at the start/finish i can drive straight into the city from there :)...
HMMMMMM......

MRR is probably out, as I do enjoy my sleep in on my day off so usually hit the bike about 9:30ish... I will definantly keep it in mind for the days I start work a bit later in the morning in the city though as well...