Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby ClownBoy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Missy24 wrote:Why am I doing this?


Because death is boring.
ClownBoy
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:19 pm

by BNA » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:54 pm

BNA
 

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:54 pm

ClownBoy wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Why am I doing this?


Because death is boring.

Good point... anyone got anything else?

I need something motivational... not Madonna Music, just something motivational that doesn't make me feel like the biggest freak in the world for working so hard.
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby hannos » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:56 pm

Missy24 wrote:
ClownBoy wrote:
Missy24 wrote:Why am I doing this?


Because death is boring.

Good point... anyone got anything else?

I need something motivational... not Madonna Music, just something motivational that doesn't make me feel like the biggest freak in the world for working so hard.


To see if you can actually do it.

Then, when you finish it, you'll do another to try and beat your last time.


Rinse and repeat!
2010 BMC SLC01
Image
User avatar
hannos
 
Posts: 4018
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:18 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:58 pm

Maybe Nike adds will cheer me up and pep me up... I may go google YouTube Vid's of Mark Cavendish's sprints...
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby bella26 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:54 pm

Missy24 wrote:Maybe Nike adds will cheer me up and pep me up... I may go google YouTube Vid's of Mark Cavendish's sprints...

Cavendish has got nothing on you! You're doing this as a personal challenge and your training posts are a testament to how good you are going with it as well. Keep it up! :D
2012 Wilier Gran Turismo 2012 Specialized Epic FSR Comp 29er
bella26
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:40 am

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks Bella

Ok, so I normally hate seeing posts that say, I had a crap day, and I normally wouldn't post I had a crap day, but today was a crap day for me.

Just really not feeling it today, bit sad, and upset for no particular reason... just cause (ok there's a reason, but I'm not sharring it with 8000 members).

Anyway, bad days happen in training and no matter what level your at, you start to question why your doing it, and if the goal is still the same, it can be hard to hang onto that focus.

I still have focus.
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Mulger bill » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Sorry... I tried :oops:

Remember that you're doing this to mindf%^$ your greatest competitor, yourself. Everyone here knows you'll kick ar5e, you are that strong.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25567
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Just got out of swim squad, pulled out at lap 22, which is early for me, got on deck and chuked my guts up.

Had to call mum to pick me up, couldn't even walk across the road to the car.

Watch this space :roll:
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:00 pm

Missy24 wrote:Why am I doing this?

Because you're learning the value of never giving up.
Because people who say it can't be done are right. They can't. :lol:
Because people say you'll never be any good - and there's nothing like rubbing their noses in it.
Because you're learning to problem solve.
Becasue you're learning the value of deferred gratification in pursuit of a goal
Because you're learning the value of COMMITMENT
Because you're learning that if you can commit like this just for a sporting event, imagine what you'll be able to do when something REALLY matters
Because nobody ever erected a monument to a critic.
Because you're learning the value of finding effective strategies to achieve a goal
Because you want to find out exactly how good you can be
Because it doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down. What matters is how many times you get up again.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Thank you, you said it perfectly.
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby trailgumby » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm

My pleasure :D
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10201
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:37 pm

I've been taking it easy this week.

I did two sessions on the trainer, and once in the pool after chucking it.

And I'm good, been getting some sleep and some rest, still working hard (that will never change).

I'm looking fwd to breakfast in the morning with a friend, I think the trainer is wearing out my back tyre????

I'm going shopping tomorrow for a pair of Bettina Liano Jeans... this is the mecca, if you can fit into Bettina Liano, then your not a fatty boom bah anymore. My measurements are just under there size 14, which is apparently a 12 everywhere else.

And for everyone who is about to say your not fat, it wasn't a question!!!!
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:59 pm

Changed my mind about having this
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:40 am

I think I'm kind of on a break at the moment, you know how I've been really tired? Well I stopped training to see if I was still tired and yep... big surprise I'm still tired.

I'm doing 2 jobs at the moment and writing on top of that, I feel that the weather is bringing me down a bit

I've got appointments with doctors later next week, have some tests done and stuff like that see if anything is out of wack, I've run maybe twice this week, very short only 4km sessions and I still do my commute into work, but that's been it, just trying to stay awake through the day.

I'm taking my diet back to the absolute basics on Monday on the advice of a nutritionist friend.

Lets see what happens
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby orphic » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 am

Hope you figure out what it is that's making you so tired Missy.

I remember in the months before I was diagnosed with diabetes I was tired all the time. I fell asleep at work, on the bus, on the train... Everywhere! I wasn't doing any kind of exercise back then so it was a bit of a different time. It was very frustrating though. It was a relief to get some kind of answer, and I'm sure your answer will come to you soon enough.

When you say taking your diet back to basics, what exactly do you mean?
orphic
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:14 am
Location: Newtown, NSW

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:12 am

Back to basics means things like, no preservatives, less sugar (the unnatural ones).

I don't fall asleep at the drop of the hat, I'm just tired

More like a caveman diet, natural stuff, all the stuff without packaging basically.
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby ClownBoy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

Missy24 wrote:Back to basics means things like, no preservatives, less sugar (the unnatural ones).

I don't fall asleep at the drop of the hat, I'm just tired

More like a caveman diet, natural stuff, all the stuff without packaging basically.


Here's a tip - I live like this now. Woolies each Saturday for as little as possible (homogenised organic milk is awesome). Markets on sundays for fruit, veg and anything else they have. Organise a monthly delivery of grass fed natural beef and meat.

Also, here is my review on a book I recommend on the rise of nutritionalism and how to move to a more natural diet. http://www.sizematters.com.au/dieting-n ... ollan.html

(I am an advocate ;) )
ClownBoy
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby uncle arthur » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am

Missy - I just logged in to this thread of yours for the first time and I'll keep an eye out for you in transition this year. Good on you to train up for your first ODT :D

That's quite a program you set for yourself!!! - heading towards Noosa 3 this year for me, with 2 Mooloolabas also under the belt, the training part is always the least fun part. If you are looking for variation, the "beginner triathlete" website has a range of programs for the 12-16 week lead up to various distances - it is a good resource for variation. Also get yourself onto www.transitions.org.au - it is one of teh main triathlete forums - some good laughs, and some great advice for noobies and elites alike.....

Good to hear you have got yourself into a swim squad - have you also done the same with a running group? The hardest bit of the run (at Noosa) is around the 5-6km mark - out on the flat and back through the houses - it can actually be quite hot out on the run leg, and at that 6km mark your body starts to tell you it isn't really happy, and your running form can go as you get tired, so strength work is really important - work on good technique all the time - light on your feet, knees up, strong kick out the back, nice quick cadence, head up, looking about 3m in front of you. If you haven't already (and I will admit I didn't read EVERY post in the entire thread) find yourself a good running squad - not just a tri squad - because a good run coach will help your running specifically.

I also HIGHLY recommend yoga for core strength and flexibility, because once you run off the bike, it does take a while for the legs to adjust - I assume you are doing brick sessions?

And allow yourself the ocassional massage :)

I find even if I've had an off week in the SBR training, or if I've been slack (as in the last 6 weeks I've pretty much had off for various reasons) my saturday morning yoga keeps things reasonably on track :)

Anyway - I'm sure I haven't said anything you haven't already heard - so have fun when you get there :D - the cycle downhill is a blast (80+kmh) and the finishing 1km in the run is a hoot - kids cheering you on - complete strangers cheering - you feel 10 feet tall and bullet proof :D

Just keep an eye out for me in my red trisuit and cervelo soloist - I'll be the one with the noosa smile on my face :)
What is it with cycling? 30+ kmh and lycra???!!!
User avatar
uncle arthur
 
Posts: 1387
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 pm
Location: Brisvegas

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:51 am

@Uncle Arthur... not doing Noosa, gonna hang in Melbourne a bit, I've got a lot on this year and its not practicle to head north at the moment, thanks for the support but I haven't updated this in ages... its a bit behind the times, so don't go on whats been said here.

@CB... I normally live like this, but my lifestyle is busier and more hectic than it was a few months ago, so I make do with the time that I have
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey Missy, get yourself tested for Barmah Forest,Ross River and Glanular Fever (spelling) as all of these things, can give you the symptoms that you decribe. :idea:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4320
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Hey Missy, get yourself tested for Barmah Forest,Ross River and Glanular Fever (spelling) as all of these things, can give you the symptoms that you decribe. :idea:

Hey foo,

Don't you have to have been somewhere to get Ross River Fever?

Missy
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby foo on patrol » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:01 am

Hi Missy,

Those three things are very similar in their symptoms!

I thought I remembered you being up at Mooloolabah a few months ago?

I mentioned those three just to cover all the bases. Both my father and wife have tested positive to Barmah Forest and Glanular Fever. Both caught from mozzie bites. :(

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
Image
User avatar
foo on patrol
 
Posts: 4320
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am
Location: Sanstone Point QLD

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Ruby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:06 pm

glandular fever is the epstein barr virus and is caught from saliva which is why it is called the kissing disease. It is a variation of herpes simplex and to the best of my knowledge doesn't involve mosquitos!

Glandular fever in adults is pretty hard to diagnose definitively as most adults have been exposed to it at some point, hence showing on serology.

Did you get to the bottom of the issue Missy? How are you feeling now?
Ruby
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:13 pm

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Ruby wrote:glandular fever is the epstein barr virus and is caught from saliva which is why it is called the kissing disease. It is a variation of herpes simplex and to the best of my knowledge doesn't involve mosquitos!

Glandular fever in adults is pretty hard to diagnose definitively as most adults have been exposed to it at some point, hence showing on serology.

Did you get to the bottom of the issue Missy? How are you feeling now?

Not at the bottom of it yet Ruby, thanks for checking in though, have given up coffee, will give up sugar tomorrow, I went to lindt today to celebrate, I only got 4 little chocolates...

I haven't been kissing anyone recently, or not that I recall
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

Re: Missy's Tri Training - Not Noosa - Olympic Distance

Postby Missy24 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Right...

I thought I should update, tests are all clear, I'm seriously healthy... which is good but at the same time it kind of lead a little question? Why so tired.

Probably has something to do with the 3 jobs, the late nights and my schedule in general.

Well.... duh... but I was hoping for a medical reason.

Anyway, I'm back on coffee, I can't be bothered giving it up, its tastes so beautiful, velvety smoothness... mmm yum.

My focus is back, had a chat to my doctor and just talked about a few things and he really helped me out with some ideas about how to keep my perkiness... well perky. Cause normally I am a pretty perky person, and this year has been an absolute roller coaster.

Job changes, trips here and there, ideas, goal setting... etc etc

One of the other receptionists in the other office said, "I seriously thought you where going to be this perky little tiny blond girl."

Perky sure, but tall and brunette and some nice curves and a beautiful personality... sigh, love me.... love you guys too!

Hopefully Missy is back with her good personality now, fingers crossed....

Thanks to all my friends who've been abused by me but have stood by me, I do love you, especially Mulger bill... sorry BTW.

Lots of love
Missy24
 
Posts: 7198
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm
Location: Brunswick

PreviousNext

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter
cron