Coming to Vic. BNA Ride!

RobRollin

Re: Coming to Vic. BNA Ride!

Postby RobRollin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:19 am

Nice ride this morning. Lots of commuters, bike lanes are excellent. Going into a set of traffic lights and you have a bunch of 10 commuters around you all sprinting the lights. Fun!

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:00 pm

RobRollin wrote:Nice ride this morning. Lots of commuters, bike lanes are excellent. Going into a set of traffic lights and you have a bunch of 10 commuters around you all sprinting the lights. Fun!
Good to hear you are having fun !!
If you are lucky you might be able to see a cyclist on beach road on sunday... :wink:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:51 am

BOM Sunday forecast wrote:Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 40 km/h
:) I might join in for a pre-work coffee and tailwind blast down to Sandy, Mordy or Franger before catching the train back to the CBD :wink:

brit_in_oz

Postby brit_in_oz » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:18 pm

Well their is a 7.13 train that arrives at 7.50 so thats good timing, still hope the weather holds up. Bikes been cleaned and lubed, should be a fun morning
Don't mistake lack of talent for genius

spudley

Postby spudley » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:59 pm

kukamunga wrote:
BOM Sunday forecast wrote:Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 40 km/h
:) I might join in for a pre-work coffee and tailwind blast down to Sandy, Mordy or Franger before catching the train back to the CBD :wink:
Current Forecast for Sunday:
Sunny periods. Winds north to northwesterly averaging up to 40 km/h tending northerly up to 25 km/h later in the evening.
City, Sunny periods. Min 11, Max 16
No UV Alert, UV Index predicted to reach 1 [Low]

On a side note, wouldn't Northerly winds mean a headwind down to Mordy and a tailwind back to the CBD :?:

In other news, I been chewing down Dimetap's like Ben Cousin's on sleeping tablets and feeling well enough to ride, and with the weather looking better, I'll be there for sure! :)

Looking forward to it all tomorrow!

Spudley.

kukamunga

Postby kukamunga » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:50 am

Beautiful morning for riding. Had a nice ride with the guys down as far as Black Rock before heading inland to catch the train back to work. Nice northerly tailbreeze made my 46 x 17 gearing a tad low, but nice spinning anyway. All the other woosers had gears :P :wink:
Last edited by kukamunga on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:21 pm

kukamunga wrote:Beautiful morning for riding. Had a nice ride with the guys down as far as Black Rock before heading inland to catch the train back to work. Nice northerly tailbreeze made my 46 x 17 gearing a tad low, but nice spinning anyway. All the other woosers had gears :P
some did had gears but also a bike that weighed a ton, and he didn,t train on the way back.... :D
was nice to meet you tony.
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

brit_in_oz

Postby brit_in_oz » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Really enjoyable ride, thanks guys. Ended up cycling back to waverley, first time I cracked 100km and 30km further than i have done before in one go. Hope to catch up again some time

Here is the details

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/39959111

KenGS

Postby KenGS » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Lovely day for a ride despite the wind. I hoped to crack the 100km today but a combination of failing to refuel at Mordi and just being unfit slowed me down quite a bit. When I got back to town I caught the train back home. In the end I did 85km so I was pretty happy with that. Should be able to do 100km next time I go out.
--Ken
Helmets! Bells! Rego!

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks for meeting me everyone and coming out to ride. I really enjoyed the ride. The ride and scenery was great. Great road. Great bunch of fellas to ride with. I apreciate you all coming out for a ride. The ride out was smooth and fast. Ride back with the wind.....I enjoyed that too. Few undulations found it tougher in the wind. Im sorry we lost you Ken near Albert Park. I didn't know we had.

whad

Postby whad » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:14 pm

brit_in_oz wrote:Really enjoyable ride, thanks guys. Ended up cycling back to waverley, first time I cracked 100km and 30km further than i have done before in one go. Hope to catch up again some time

Here is the details

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/39959111
Congrats on your 1st 100km ride :D

brit_in_oz

Postby brit_in_oz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Thanks - the hamstrings were feeling it by the end but i woke up feeling quite good, and today addd another 50 :)