Geelong Training routes

skip9

Geelong Training routes

Postby skip9 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Hey guys,
Just wondering what the typical route for cyclists around the Geelong area is and where about they go?

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Geelong Training routes

Postby im_no_pro » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:18 pm

Coastal rides for the win - Portarlington, Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads (via 13th beach), Torquay, Anglesea or a combination of those is my usual. For those looking to exercise their inner mountain goat, head towards ceres. Have a look at the Amy's Ride Routes on the Amy Gillett website, quite a nice little course.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

RobRollin

Postby RobRollin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Ride the Worlds course 11 times....Ok maybe not 11 times but a few laps would hurt. We rode it on Saturday and the climbs are good, flats are fast The climbs are an avg of 4% I think and go up to 17%. And at the end....you can get a coffee.

Fraggle

Postby Fraggle » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:32 am

Is the Grovedale Hotel and/or the Bunnings Waurn Ponds bunch rides still going?

7 am on Saturdays for both rides and 8am on Sundays for the Bunning Waurn Ponds if that's any help.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:55 am

Think the Grovy Hotel one is, not sure about the Bunnings. Grovy on a Sat morning used to be a pretty quick ride. Also check aty DeGrandi's, they used to have a list of rides leaving from the shop and from memory there was almost one every day. Rides arent afiiliated with the store AFAIK, it just happens to be the meeting point.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

skip9

Postby skip9 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks Guys!

Im not normally around on the weekends and enjoy the midway rides during the weeks instead of early morning, so can anyone link me to or tell me the route that they do from bunnings or the grovey hotel?

hawksam

Postby hawksam » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:43 am

:P Gday
I am part of a group that rides around Lara here is our webpage
if your interested we generally ride every day.

http://www.laralattecycle.com.au/

cheers
Scott

sthxred

Postby sthxred » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:50 pm

Monday / Friday - (6am) Meet at Great Western - corner shannon ave and aberdeen st. 30k easy- medium pace, dog rocks and return via ceres

Tuesday / Thursday (5:50am) easy (6:00am) hard - Grovedale Pub - Torquay rd, Grovedale - 40k Torquay + back

Wed - Corner Scenic Road and Barrabool Road Highton - 30 k easy - coffee shop ride, they also sometimes do (hills - 50k medium) dependant on numbers

Sat - Grovedale Pub - 7am Easy Torquay + Return . 6am Bunnings - Bells Beach Hills Meet up with 7am bunch - Medium

Sunday - 8am Meet at Belmont Common - Opposite Mobil - Winter Easy , Summer Hard - 50-60k