HTC Columbia Red, white and blue stripe

hitch

HTC Columbia Red, white and blue stripe

Postby hitch » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:02 am

What is the significance of the red, white and blue stripes at the bottom of the HTC Columbia jerseys? I initially thought it was only Cavendish, but I saw that Bernie Eisel had them on his Jersey. Also, it seems that Cavendish doesn't always have them on.

FYI, they can be seen here:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Le+T ... xC03Zl.jpg

cobba

Re: HTC Columbia Red, white and blue stripe

Postby cobba » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:14 am

Colours of the French flag I'd say, they were wearing a similar sort of strip in the Giro d’Italia some days.

Joeblake

Postby Joeblake » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:52 am

The first photo, according to its title, is from the Tour de France,

the second photo is from the Giro d'Italia, so a possibility is that the stripes represent the country that the racing is happening in. The Giro rider has a red white and green stripe set, which is Italy's national colours.

Another possibility is to show which country the rider is from, assuming that the second photo shows an Italian rider.

Although I did notice during the stages of the current tour the cameras have been showing Cavendish as having a small Union Flag on back of his jersey.

But there may be other possibilities.

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell

cobba

Postby cobba » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:19 pm

From last years Giro d’Italia:
Look out for the new Team Columbia High Road jersey too, on the start line tomorrow. The Special Giro Strip sports Magila Rosa pink strips on the front and back as well as the Tricolore with a pink background on each of the sleeves.
http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=7038

Richard.L

Postby Richard.L » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Joeblake wrote: the second photo is from the Giro d'Italia, so a possibility is that the stripes represent the country that the racing is happening in. The Giro rider has a red white and green stripe set, which is Italy's national colours.

Another possibility is to show which country the rider is from, assuming that the second photo shows an Italian rider.

Although I did notice during the stages of the current tour the cameras have been showing Cavendish as having a small Union Flag on back of his jersey.
Joe
1.Its the jersey of the country of the Grand tour they are racing in. So the jersey is a "limited edition" like the same as the Rabobank rider next to the HTC rider
2. The Italian rider is the current/ last years national Champion from Italy
3. A lot or all riders have their last name and their country of origin on their jersey somewhere.