Gette Electric Bikes - BOUGHT ONE!

AdelaideBiker

Gette Electric Bikes - BOUGHT ONE!

Postby AdelaideBiker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:35 am

I BOUGHT ONE! I went and test rode a ***name removed*** electric bike yesterday and i was planning on doing the whole, walkaway-and-think-about-it thing, but somehow I felt my hand reach into my wallet and purchase the sportif model!!
I rode it to work today and I've fallen in love! It just seems so much smarter than the other bikes i've seen...and it's ATTRACTIVE! never thought i'd say an electric bike is attractive haha.
Have you guys bought a new bike recently? is there a better feeling?!

Mod Says: This person is a spammer - has been banned and was plastering various forums with similar comments promoting a certain brand
Last edited by AUbicycles on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Mod Says: Spam Post

trailgumby

Re: Gette Electric Bikes - BOUGHT ONE!

Postby trailgumby » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:02 pm

Don't want to rain on your parade, but the walk away and think would have been the really wise thing to do.

You've just made an unresearched impulse buy.

From what I see from the link posted, it looks exactly like a "Huffy" brand K-Mart bike with electric motor added. Erm, "bike" is probably being a bit generous :oops: - "bicycle shaped object" would be a more accurate description. Poor brakes, cheap transmission, poor fork, undamped coil spring rear suspension, low number of available gears (can't believe they make corner cutting here a bragging point) should all be tip-offs that this unit is a BSO.

If it's just for occasional use around the neighbourhood you'll probably be OK, but if you plan on using this as a regular commuter in mixed traffic, make sure your BWA membership is current - you'll be needing the insurance.

Sorry. No way to sugar-coat this. :oops:

I'm curious to what you paid, but given that I've probably offended you quite deeply with the above remarks, I'll understand if you tell me to naff off. :oops:

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:29 pm

LOL Trailgumby... harsh!

This did jump out at me though...

Weight 25.5kg

Ouch!

T.

madrapper

Postby madrapper » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Mods - any chance of moving this to the appropriate forum? TIA.
Cheers,
Dave

Missy24

Postby Missy24 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Spammer

AdelaideBiker

Postby AdelaideBiker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:48 pm

you haven't offended me at all. each to their own... I paid 2,150 for it. the sportif that is..

I did ride it to work though through traffic and had absolutely no trouble.. plus 25.5kg is no problem, can you get an electric scooter for that light? or anything with a motor? plus when you pedal, the motor kicks in so it feels so much lighter than the average bike.

I did test ride one before I bought it, and chatted to the bike retailer and then also the wholesaler. I've been looking at electric bikes for a while so it wasn't an unresearched buy.. but I get what you mean. It's a purchase that you defintiely have to think about.. and maybe I got a little carried away. Still no regrets though, rides beautifully, designed in italy... the french police use these bikes so I don't know if they're "Kmart."

BUT i will keep you posted and let you know how it goes.

AdelaideBiker

Postby AdelaideBiker » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 pm

ohh and the brakes are double disc brakes... pretty good.

x8pg2qr

Postby x8pg2qr » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

One less car is one less car. Yay.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 am

Dear Members - Adelaide bike is a spammer and has posted similar posts on various OS and local cycling forums promoting this brand - hence all references are being deleted and the person.... banned.
Cycling is in my BNA

glowwormbicycles

Postby glowwormbicycles » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:00 pm

AUbicycles wrote:Dear Members - Adelaide bike is a spammer and has posted similar posts on various OS and local cycling forums promoting this brand - hence all references are being deleted and the person.... banned.
Well spotted Mod. But it may interest you that the brand is called Gette Electric Bikes and all references are still there, very visible. Though you'd probably be doing them a favour by deleting it really, so your call..

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm

glowwormbicycles wrote:
Well spotted Mod. But it may interest you that the brand is called Gette Electric Bikes and all references are still there, very visible. Though you'd probably be doing them a favour by deleting it really, so your call..
Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Fact is, your intentions may be different but the perception is the same. Even more so when you ask for moderating of the competitions brand.

glowwormbicycles

Postby glowwormbicycles » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:44 am

Baldy wrote:

Pot.

Kettle.

Black.

Fact is, your intentions may be different but the perception is the same. Even more so when you ask for moderating of the competitions brand.

If you say so, but I would have thought it was the other way around - similar intentions but different perception - my username on this forum should make it fairly clear where my perspective is coming from. Didn't ask for any moderation by the way, mod spotted it some other way, I was pointing out the brand was called Gette in case he/she didn't know - by the post it might have been easy to think that the brand was sportif for example.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 am

Noticed this follow up and best plan of attack is to drop it.
Sure I missed the name in the post title - though it will waste 5 minutes of my life to go through and edit it out of each post - life is too short.

So lets move on.. and put on a smile.
Cycling is in my BNA