Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

MichaelB

Re: Crapola!!!....P.E.D's in Cycling

Postby MichaelB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:51 am

Interesting to see that lack of response from the Lampre team even though Petacchi is being investigated.

Opposite sort of reaction than that taken by Cervelo and BMC .....

(AT) JV911 - I hope so to re Vino. Not a huge fan because of his past, but he's almost a mini Jens (how do you say bloody Crapador in Russian .... :lol: )

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 pm

*Facepalms*

THAT'S what's missing from the 2010 tour.

No doping scandals in the first week...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Mulger bill wrote:*Facepalms*

THAT'S what's missing from the 2010 tour.

No doping scandals in the first week...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hannos

Postby hannos » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:18 pm

2010 BMC SLC01

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:13 pm

AUbicycles wrote:
any previously suspended rider wrote:I know I said last time I wasn't doping but this time I am clean. Really.
Fact is credibility is zero of you have been caught before (after denying it).
+ 1

entitled to presumption of guilt

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi

From Cycling Central
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected Italian cyclist Davide Rebellin's appeal against a doping charge that saw him lose his Olympic silver medal from Beijing...CAS confirmed that the presence of CERA had been validly detected in Rebellin's blood samples and that the laboratory followed the correct method and system of analysis.

With Rebellin's disqualification, Italy's Fabian Cancellara moved up to the silver medal position and Alexander Kolobnev of Russia took the bronze.
Andrew

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:45 pm

Aushiker wrote:From Cycling Central
With Rebellin's disqualification, Italy's Fabian Cancellara moved up to the silver medal position and Alexander Kolobnev of Russia took the bronze.
now i know how Fab wins so many races.. taking credit for the success of his italian namesake :)

roller

Postby roller » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Aushiker wrote:Hi

From Cycling Central
The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) rejected Italian cyclist Davide Rebellin's appeal against a doping charge that saw him lose his Olympic silver medal from Beijing...CAS confirmed that the presence of CERA had been validly detected in Rebellin's blood samples and that the laboratory followed the correct method and system of analysis.

Andrew
i heard this on newsradio this morning but they didn't include the changing in the medal positions. . .

i remember this race for cancellara's amazing acceleration in the last 5 kms to make it into the lead group.

it was so impressive it looked like he had a motor in his bike.
inflammatory statement or idea

JV911

Postby JV911 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Australian cyclist gets 2-year ban for EPO import

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency says Cycling Australia has imposed a two-year ban on New South Wales state cyclist Jules Amos for the importation of erythropoietin (EPO).

ASADA said Friday that the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service intercepted five airmail packages from Thailand between Dec. 18 and Dec. 28 and notified the agency.

It investigated and laboratory analysis confirmed that the substance contained in vials was EPO, a naturally occurring hormone which promotes the formation of red blood cells in the body and helps to increase endurance.

Amos will be ineligible to compete until July 13, 2012.
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

daveywastaken

Postby daveywastaken » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:46 pm

wow...it hits so much harder when Australians get caught cheating.

just wondering if ppl out there think that a life time ban for cheaters would work?

stripping ppl of their titles that they won years ago while doping and awarding those who take their place just doesnt seem to do it either...
Last edited by daveywastaken on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

daveywastaken wrote:just wondering if ppl out there think that a life time ban for cheaters would work?
it would be good if it stood up in court. i can see it being overturned by a judge.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 pm

Hi

From Cycling Central ... Radioshack ...
A Chinese cyclist on Lance Armstrong's Team RadioShack has been confirmed as testing positive for banned substances, an official newspaper reported on Sunday.

Li Fuyu's B sample came back positive for Clenbuterol, an anabolic agent that can be used to reduce body fat, China Daily reported, citing Zhang Bin, secretary-general of the Chinese Cycling Association.

The 32-year-old rider has been suspended since late April, after failing an in-competition test on March 23 at the Dwars Door Vlaanderen in Belgium. Zhang said the rider has denied using illegal substances but that the suspension remains in effect.
Andrew

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:03 pm

Vinokourov 2nd at San Sebastian. He's come back this year like he never left, has held good form for a long time....
FPR Ragamuffin

gdt

Postby gdt » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 pm

Cyclists Said to Back Claims That Armstrong Doped
Page A1, New York Times, 2010-08-04.

"Cyclists" being team members that are not Floyd Landis.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:50 pm

the noose is tightening on lance. it's only a matter of time now.

gdt

Postby gdt » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Conversely, another US Postal rider says:
Armstrong is no drugs cheat, says Jonker
Reece Homfray, The Advertiser (Adelaide), 2010-08-11.

(I've got a lot of time for Patrick. I do hope he isn't let down.)

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:17 pm

i'm a cynic, but Jonker freely admits to potential bias courtesy of his close relationship with Armstrong. of course, the reverse could be true for Flandis. i'd argue people's testimony means very little - evidence is what counts.

JV911

Postby JV911 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:53 am

CYCLE: Accused doping cyclist found dead: reports

Former Spanish mountain bike rider ALBERTO LEON has been found dead according to reports in Spanish media outlets.

LEON ... one of six people accused last month as part of a probe into sports doping ... was found hanged at his home near Madrid.

In December LEON was accused of public health offences and trafficking in illegal substances as part of a major police
investigation into a doping network known as Operation Greyhound. AAP RTV jb
<---LACC--->
<---BMC SLR01--->

toppity

Postby toppity » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:55 am

That is no good at all..... Regardless of his past, this is sad news.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

igstar

Postby igstar » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:53 pm

Valverde lost his doping appeal and has been stripped of his 2010 results.

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/cycling/ ... 19l9r.html

CrazyVictorian

Alberto possible doping

Postby CrazyVictorian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Mod days - this thread has been merged into an existing thread discussing this.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7038/ ... inked.aspx

Contador possible blood doping

What do you guys think?
"You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone."
Percy Cerutty

brentono

Re: Alberto possible doping

Postby brentono » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

CrazyVictorian wrote:http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7038/ ... inked.aspx

Contador possible blood doping

What do you guys think?
:lol:
What do you think?
:mrgreen:
Lone Rider- I rode on the long, dark road... before I danced under the lights.

greyhoundtom

Postby greyhoundtom » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:20 pm

The researchers studied three groups of people; a control group comprising 100 individuals with no special exposure to the plasticizer DEHP, ten hospitalised patients receiving transfusion and 468 athletes. Researchers concluded that “significantly increased levels of secondary DEHP metabolites were found in urine samples of transfused patients, strongly indicating blood transfusion.”

There were also indications that four of the athletes had shown clear signs of transfusions, including three riders from the same team. They had been targeted in out of competition controls.

DEHP is a plasticizer commonly used in blood bags to keep them pliable, and is known to leak into stored blood and thus provide tell-tale traces of transfusion.
However:
Due to its suitable properties and the low cost, DEHP is widely used as a plasticizer in manufacturing of articles made of PVC.

DEHP has a low vapor pressure, but the temperatures for processing PVC articles are often high, leading to release of elevated levels, raising concerns about health risks. It can be absorbed from food and water. Higher levels have been found in milk and cheese. It can also leach into a liquid that comes in contact with the plastic.
A positive swab to blood doping due to elevated levels of DEHP in the urine, primarily caused by taking all the liquid you drink out of PCV bidons, and just because cheese is a large part of your diet?

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:37 pm

Ummm, this is one for the racing section. I'll shoot it over but I'll leave a ghost in here.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jules21

Postby jules21 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:21 pm

greyhoundtom wrote:A positive swab to blood doping due to elevated levels of DEHP in the urine, primarily caused by taking all the liquid you drink out of PCV bidons, and just because cheese is a large part of your diet?
DEHP is widely studied and its potential carcinogenic properties are well known. as a result, its use in PVC food packaging has been dramatically reduced:
FDA-authorized uses of phthalates include uses in flexible food packaging. Over the past decade, however, such food contact uses have been greatly reduced or eliminated through the replacement of PVC and PVDC polymers with other polymers that do not require plasticizers and by the use of alternative plasticizers in PVC and PVDC.
it does however, apparently have particular value in blood bags and is not as easily substitutable as in food packaging:
There are also significant uses of phthalates in certain medical products, such as intravenous solution bags and medical tubing. FDA's Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) has looked into the use of polyvinyl chloride using DEHP as a plasticizer in medical devices. DEHP is a chemical ingredient that affords PVC many of the physical properties that make it optimally suited for use in many of today's medical devices.
that would suggest to me that it's probably not widely used in bidons and that its presence in urine samples rightly raises suspicions of blood doping.