Arrgghh!

Christine Tham

Re: Arrgghh!

Postby Christine Tham » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 am

hannos wrote: Apple, the D & WB girl :)
OK I give up, what does D&WB stand for?

Domination & weak bondage?
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:51 am

Dettol and Wire Brush :)

or is it Wire Brush and Dettol?
2010 BMC SLC01

Max

Postby Max » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Christine Tham wrote:
hannos wrote: Apple, the D & WB girl :)
OK I give up, what does D&WB stand for?

Domination & weak bondage?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, sweet merciful crap, that was funny! Thanks for the laugh, Christine :D

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm

I thought it was Dangerous and Weak Bladder. Couldn't work out how a weak bladder was related, but some of this internet speak confuses me :)

I loved 531's description - "saddle interface zone". Will the language filter pick it up if I now start referring to some people as a SIZ? :P

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:06 pm

moosterbounce wrote:I thought it was Dangerous and Weak Bladder.
I like this one. Will use from now on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, where's my packet of Tena Lady ...
Weekdays: "Bliss" (Trek Madone 5.2 2012) | Weekends: "Cadel" (self built) | Casual: "Kitty" (Giant Cypress LDS 2009)

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:50 pm

531db wrote:I have to agree with Apple and Missy on Trailgumby's comments.

Nothing useful to added to Christine's query, and really male or female, if there is something that we find that 'outside our comfort zone', then that is best dealt with by exiting the thread in question rather than commenting in an unhelpful way on it.
Perhaps, but I was trying to suggest in a humorous way that some intelligence could be exercised when titling threads that other might find a little confronting.

As has been pointed out so succinctly by mooster :lol: , what has been seen cannot be unseen. Apologies if my methods offended. My own fault I suppose, but I came into the the thread via the most recent posts list and hadn't picked that it was women's health related until I got there.
...........................................................................................

To add my 2 cents, I'm with the smother the area in disinfectant, excise, and nuke the area with antiseptic group. I've found pHisoHex copiously applied neat to the spot and surrounds before and during excision very effective, and works well as a wound cleaner applied copiously when you need to scrub it out.

However it should be thoroughly washed away when done as it will leave you with caustic burns if any residue is left. It has been very effective in stopping the bacteria spreading to adjacent pores and hair follicles if the sequence is followed. Another product that works equally well for me is regular liquid handwash, but the same cautions apply. Betadine is good for aftercare once you're done cleaning the wound out.

Wound covering is optional (preferred but sometimes diffficult to fix in place, due to the location) but clean underwear is not. This means I suppose the best time to do this exercise is before retiring for the night.

I find supermarket disinfectant staples like Dettol to be pretty useless myself. Smell nice, though. :wink:

In my case I did ride the following days, using disinfectant applied neat to the area before the ride. The ride was 90 minutes max. Showered immediately afterwards and washed the knicks straight away. Minimal discomfort and it healed up as quickly as if I'd stayed off the bike. While it was on a spot that normally contacts the saddle, a slight adjustment to seating position meant I was able to protect it most of the way.

I hope THIS is helpful. :D

Christine Tham

Postby Christine Tham » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:45 am

Just in case anyone is still wondering, the "issue" I was talking about has cleared itself after one application of Clearasil.

Move along, nothing further to see ...

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks for the tip.

Maybe the teenagers in my house might be useful for something after all... :wink:

Actually, I love 'em to bits, they justs go "aarrrgh, Daaaad!" whenever I mention it. LOL!

qinv

Postby qinv » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

Missy24 wrote:Must men constantly comment :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
ALWAYS!!!! :wink: