On Spit Hill this morning (29 July)...

nicolen

On Spit Hill this morning (29 July)...

Postby nicolen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am

This is to the female cyclist who was riding down Spit Hill towards the city this morning at 7:55am....

I caught the bus today instead of cycling and witnessed the aggressive car driver trailing you down Spit Hill. It was scary from where I was sitting so it must have been terrifying for you. When I got to work I called Mosman Police who are calling the driver to mention they've received a complaint about them.

If you get this message and want to pursue it, give Mosman police station a call. The car was a black mazda and the number plate was BHF 85H.

Btw, I was cheering for you when you told him off at the traffic lights! :lol:

Postman Pat

Re: On Spit Hill this morning (29 July)...

Postby Postman Pat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:04 am

how nice is it that someone else is able to get a number plate as I'm usually to upset or busy keeping the bike upright to get that sort of information :mrgreen:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Postman Pat wrote:how nice is it that someone else is able to get a number plate as I'm usually to upset or busy keeping the bike upright to get that sort of information :mrgreen:
+1. Awesome work Nicole :D
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Boognoss wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:how nice is it that someone else is able to get a number plate as I'm usually to upset or busy keeping the bike upright to get that sort of information :mrgreen:
+1. Awesome work Nicole :D
+2 Nomination for weekly legend. :D
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:50 am

+ 1

it's only when other road users stand up for cyclists, whether they themselves are cyclists or not, that numbskulls will get the message.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm

Hi

Well done. In my experience with reports to the police (over 10 now) without a witness there is buckly's chance. Hopefully this will make a difference. Also if this was in Sydney it might be an idea to post in the Sydney Cyclist forums as well if not already done so.

Andrew

ni78ck

Postby ni78ck » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 pm

well done nicole! lets hope the rider reads this.
Cervelo R5
Cervelo S5 VWD - dura ace Di2

nicolen

Postby nicolen » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:19 am

Aushiker wrote:Hi

Well done. In my experience with reports to the police (over 10 now) without a witness there is buckly's chance. Hopefully this will make a difference. Also if this was in Sydney it might be an idea to post in the Sydney Cyclist forums as well if not already done so.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. I followed your advice and posted a note on the other forum too.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I only saw this today. Was it a mountain bike or road bike? Do you remember the helmet colour?

Don't see many girls around, but the one I do occasionally on that route is a colleague who rides a WSD Specialized dually with pink anodised bits and pink highlights on the helmet.