cheap star quando hub wheels

blokeinamoke

cheap star quando hub wheels

Postby blokeinamoke » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Not a normal "are they worth it thread"

ive had mine for 18months now with no problems (i guess they last when you dont have to skid...lol)

what is the thread size???? ive got an 18t dicta lying in the garage but it appears to be far to big thread wise.... (i think its a 3/32 x 18t) what ever that means.... (yeh i gots no idea...) but it is obviously far too big which makes me sad face.

Another question.... how does one remove a free-wheel? i see 2 little indentations on the face which i assume would assist in removing of it?

Awaiting replies...
Cheers,
The Blokeinamoke

Wee Jock

Re: cheap star quando hub wheels

Postby Wee Jock » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:39 am

Hey, seems unusual to me that the threads on the hub would be different, not sure I can help you there.

But to change a single speed freewheel, you'll need to get a freewheel removal tool, something like this:

Just stick it in the slots and twist with a spanner. It may be possible to use needle nose pliers instead of the tool, but that's unlikely (probably on way too tight) and you risk damaging the freewheel.

saintdarth

Postby saintdarth » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:09 pm

I see 2 little indentations on the face which i assume would assist in removing of it?
Does it look like the one in this image?

http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/shopping- ... ry-strong/

You need a pin tool to remove but will most likely end up destroying the freewheel.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm

are you trying to thread the cog onto the 'lock ring' threads? :shock:

blokeinamoke

Postby blokeinamoke » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:25 pm

jaseyjase wrote:are you trying to thread the cog onto the 'lock ring' threads? :shock:
nope. fixed side is awesome just as it, happy with it there, just going to be doing some casual riding with the lady and decided an 18t freewheel would be perfect

saintdarth wrote:
I see 2 little indentations on the face which i assume would assist in removing of it?
Does it look like the one in this image?

http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/shopping- ... ry-strong/

You need a pin tool to remove but will most likely end up destroying the freewheel.
Yep thats the one... cheap nasty free wheel... are there different size threads in regards to hubs like these?

Cheers,
Matty

saintdarth

Postby saintdarth » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:51 pm

are there different size threads in regards to hubs like these?
I had the original piece of sh*t removed at LBS, they had to completely dismantle it to get it off. Standard Dicta freewheels fit onto the thread with no problems.

The Dicta's go on and off using the freewheel remover pictured above.