New to bikes

LoveB

New to bikes

Postby LoveB » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Well, I used to bike as a kid, but you know, just bike bike. Never got that into it however now I find myself wanting to buy a mountain bike to get around the belconnen lake and light trails as I get bored at home.

I'm Paul. Tourist from the Philippines but I'm here alot to visit my gf and i'll be here till oct this time around so was wanting to go biking around in something cheap and reliable.

What do you guys suggest? Now laugh if you wish, but yes as I am a tourist I have nearly no budget at the moment (as I just bought parts for my gf's car)

I saw a few advanti bikes for around 100ish that I thought would be alright. What do you guys think of those?

saw this kawasaki bike thing on ebay that sold for 36$ (I bid 35 :( )

Anyway just thought I'd say hey and hopefully learn alot on here!

Jean

Re: New to bikes

Postby Jean » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Hi,

I suggest you don't buy a bike on Ebay unless you know what you're doing. With your budget I'd suggest second hand and maybe you could look at the bike recycle place at ANU for something cheap but cheerful to keep you going until you are ready for something more. You can also try the recycle joints at Mitchell and out on the southside for something that might suit for not much $$.

Good luck with it.

Cruiserman

Postby Cruiserman » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Hey Paul for that sort of cash you should just drive the Citroen I gave you.
2008 Specialized SWorks Roubaix SL - Zipps - Campag - Nuff Said
1986 Spokesman Model 11 Racing - Campag Nuvo Record - Stronglight - Shimano 600

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey Neil, nice to see you here. lol

The Cit is awaiting bigger funds so I can paint it and bring it back to its older glory days! That and the Saab just got serviced :oops:

I might check those places you mentioned out. I've upped the budget to about 350$ which from that I've researched seems to be a fairly good price to get something used that is decent.