New Lynton Belair Urban Trail

MichaelB

Re: New Lynton Belair Urban Trail

Postby MichaelB » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:14 am

Did it again last night - only 1 break this time (instead of 3) and 1 minute quicker. Still bloody hard work :P

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 am

Whoohoo - no breaks and quicker again :D :D :D

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

I was defeated by this track tonight. I am going to go cry :cry:

edit: well done to the man who was coming up with panniers while i was coming back down between 6:30 - 7:00

edit: adding my polar (s 710i i.e. not gps and not accelerometer based measurement, think it works on air pressure .... so accuracy?)

altitude and cadence graph
A - start of bike track lynton end
B - I rode up too high a gear (you might be able to see my cadence dropped from 60 down to below 30 before I stopped). Had to come back down and go back up in a lower (lowest 34/25) gear. still couldn't do it and the little flat(black) cadence spot between B and C after the 5km mark is where i walked up the hill.
C - top of the bike track
D - top of Carolina (so i went left onto Carolina instead of continuing right on high st). I also walked up that last steep bit of carolina, that 0 cadence black line starts just before the peak.

D to E was just me having a ride around up there .... very hilly

E - top of carolina
F - top of bike track
G - bottom of bike track.
Last edited by eeksll on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 am

eeksll wrote:I was defeated by this track tonight. I am going to go cry :cry:

edit: well done to the man who was coming up with panniers while i was coming back down between 6:30 - 7:00
Keep trying, you'll get there.

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:37 pm

holy moly batman! now that's steep. 39/23 had me about to blow a gasket....193 bpm on HRM. might use the 12/25 next time. worth it to not have to worry about frikkin' cars.

eeksll

Postby eeksll » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:59 am

Did it tonight, just, i actually thought I was going to give up again, I was forced to stand. 2nd to bottom gear on the steepest section (cause I thought I was on bottom, I have a compact). Carolina did not seem too steep this time round. It has been fenced off at the top, anyone know why?

Just a note, i went down shepards hill rd after then came back up shepards hill and it certainly did not seem as hard. But first hill always seems to hurt the most.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:03 am

Was up there yesterday doing a bit of MTB'ing, and noticed that the bitumen track is suffering already, but it appears they are on to it.

The damaged sections have already been cut ready to be repaired, so take it easy going down.

captainNotsosensible

Postby captainNotsosensible » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:40 pm

Just found out about this trail. Went up but would not have made it on my old repco. It is steep so low gears are definitely required. Trail was in excellent condition. I will certainly go up there again... just for fun. Watch out if there are people coming down - no idea what it would take for them to stop!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 am

Just came down this last night for the first time. :shock: :shock:

Hit over 65km/hr and that was just on Caroline Ave before I even hit the bike path proper.

Then, after the first hairpin turn on the bike path (not signed well), holy hell batman, I hit 73.9km/hr before realising it and used the front disc well to slow me a bit for the big sweeper after the steep section.

No wonder it's such an absolute bugger to get up it !!!

They REALLY should have some warning sisgns that there is a STEEP descent ahead :shock:

buzz

Postby buzz » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Finally rode the track! Was a tad disappointed as was expecting it to be a bit steeper from what I had read here. Was far from impressed with the amount of gravel that has been washed onto track! Rode four laps of the track to get the legs pumping, hopefully next time I will have more time to see how many laps I can manage!!

On one of the descents I came around the corner at speed to see a walker strolling along cluelessly up my side of the track!! Got the heart pumping more than the ride up! So be careful on the descent, both for loose gravel and clueless punters!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:54 am

buzz wrote:Finally rode the track! Was a tad disappointed as was expecting it to be a bit steeper from what I had read here. Was far from impressed with the amount of gravel that has been washed onto track! Rode four laps of the track to get the legs pumping, hopefully next time I will have more time to see how many laps I can manage!!

:shock: Better legs than I'll ever have :shock:

buzz

Postby buzz » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 pm

....[/quote]

:shock: Better legs than I'll ever have :shock:[/quote]

Oh shucks, thanks! That will help motivate me to get up at 4am Monday morning!! I love riding and being fit. I was planning going back this week and seeing how many laps I can do before I pass out!!!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 am

Went up again last night and see that they have now put a large patch of concrete down (with a bit of a swale) on the uphill side of rthe steep bit to prevent a whole lotta mountain being washed onto the track.

Lets hope it works.