where can buy colour paint spray in perth

sbc_runnerkit

Postby sbc_runnerkit » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 am

hi, i hv been to bunnings warehouse, but there are only a few colour options for me, is anyone know where can buy colour spray with much more options in perth :?:
As i saw on the internet, somebody said can go to the graphic painting store to buy, is anyone knows where is it in perth??
cheer

gclark8

Re: where can buy colour paint spray in perth

Postby gclark8 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:43 am

I get my Powder Coat touch up paint from Heatley Sales. :wink:
Cheers,
George.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:03 pm

sbc_runnerkit wrote:hi, i hv been to bunnings warehouse, but there are only a few colour options for me, is anyone know where can buy colour spray with much more options in perth :?:
As i saw on the internet, somebody said can go to the graphic painting store to buy, is anyone knows where is it in perth??
cheer
which bunnings did you go to??...the bigger ones will carry a much larger variety.

sbc_runnerkit

Postby sbc_runnerkit » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:36 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
sbc_runnerkit wrote:hi, i hv been to bunnings warehouse, but there are only a few colour options for me, is anyone know where can buy colour spray with much more options in perth :?:
cheer
which bunnings did you go to??...the bigger ones will carry a much larger variety.
ok, maybe i will try visit the largest one, cheer mate.
:!: And i found that there are a graffit store in vic park Albany Hwy selling a big range of colour sprays, i hv been there today, it is a mass colour storage, i think ppl can find any colour they want. Try to spend some time to visit it. :!:

nathann

Postby nathann » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:51 pm

Are you going to spray paint it? Apparently that comes off easily. :\

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Check out your local car parts place SBC, I'd be surprised if you can't find the right colours there.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Mulger bill wrote:Check out your local car parts place SBC, I'd be surprised if you can't find the right colours there.
+1 auto shop is the way to go.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.

sbc_runnerkit

Postby sbc_runnerkit » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks for you guys all suggestion. I will keep them in mind and do in nest time, because i wanted to try to do the paint by hand first, want to get the fun form that. cheer

kerolah

Postby kerolah » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:49 pm

sorry to bump the post but i know of two good shops that sell really good quality spray paints incase of people needing info

http://www.thebutchershop.com.au in northbridge
and the one you found http://www.montys-autocolour.com.au/ vic park

both will get you some paints that will not chip as easy as the stuff from bunnings ect

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:59 am

Would you reccomend Ironlak?

nathann

Postby nathann » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Ironlak vs Dulux Quick Dry vs Imports vs anything else?

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:34 pm

exactly.

kerolah

Postby kerolah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Sorry for not making it clear but i didn't recommend ironlak exactly.
The butcher shop do have a lot of colors but if you want something to stick to your bike better then ironlak.
i suggest asking the person at the shop which best sticks to metal.
IF i can recall ironlak isnt paint for grafitti on trains more walls, and there is some paints that specialize in painting trains which are metal
As for montys they dont sell ironlak well they didnt last year.. so i suggest asking again as most there paints are suppose to be for cars they shoudl be good.
Correct me if im wrong im not a expert.
Hope that clears it up guys, thanks

sbc_runnerkit

Postby sbc_runnerkit » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 pm

kerolah wrote:Sorry for not making it clear but i didn't recommend ironlak exactly.
The butcher shop do have a lot of colors but if you want something to stick to your bike better then ironlak.
i suggest asking the person at the shop which best sticks to metal.
IF i can recall ironlak isnt paint for grafitti on trains more walls, and there is some paints that specialize in painting trains which are metal
As for montys they dont sell ironlak well they didnt last year.. so i suggest asking again as most there paints are suppose to be for cars they shoudl be good.
Correct me if im wrong im not a expert.
Hope that clears it up guys, thanks
Montys don't sell ironlak but the guy pretty nice, can gives quiet good answers and recommends.
And I have the experience of using ironlak, it's too liquidly and really not well stick, not thick enough and quick dry on frame or metal surface......that's what i got on my bike, i have to use at least 3 cans.(why I still use last time, because they have the only fluro orange i want).
As i use Dulux quick dry before, their colour are really thick, stick nicely and really quickly dry on the frame.
I do recommend Dulux quick dry

.isaac.

Postby .isaac. » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:59 am

Ok. So when I paint an old road bike frame use Dulux Quick dry.

kerolah

Postby kerolah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:32 pm

EvilGenius wrote:Ok. So when I paint an old road bike frame use Dulux Quick dry.
Yes unless you can make it to one of the previous stores i mentioned and talked to the guy
As for ironlak are less thick and more thick depending on the colour.
but both stores have better more expensive/cheaper paint for metal instore anyways SO just ask if you go there.(Montana variety's, Razer ect)
Otherwise dulux seems to be highly recommended. if you cant make it to either shop.