Where can I get a strap for the bike carrier?

LoveB

Where can I get a strap for the bike carrier?

Postby LoveB » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am

hey hey, bought a bike carrier today but its missing one strap for the sides to keep it from swaying.

Anyone know where I can get just a strap? do you guys think a camping store or something would have it? I missed out on an allens one for 50$.. I got one for 32$ lol I dont know the brand though.

twizzle

Re: Where can I get a strap for the bike carrier?

Postby twizzle » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Sorry - I don't get what you mean. Just something to tie the bike to the rack, or something to hold the rack together? A standard 'tie down' strap of some kind? Can't you take the rack back if it was incomplete?
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

LoveB

Re: Where can I get a strap for the bike carrier?

Postby LoveB » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Sorry,it's a second hand one. 30 bucks. lol just 1 strap missing but so far I've been able to make a strap for it to keep it still.

Just the strap that goes through the rack to hold it firmly onto the trunk to keep it from swaying. I'm still after a proper strap but the one I've made for now works. I'll take a photo later of the strap.

cause I'm fairly sure there should be 6 straps around the rack. 2 for the top, 2 on the side and 2 on the bottom. I'm just missing one on the side. I'm guessing I can just buy a tie down strap from a camping place or autobarn as the spare strap I tried on was made with some tough rope and a coat hanger end. :lol: :lol: