TTT tips

pickle

TTT tips

Postby pickle » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:30 pm

I've got my first TTT coming up in a fortnight (the pinjarra TTT). I've been road racing for the past 6 months or so, and I've been reading up on the ITT posts in this forum. My question is, are there any additional tips anyone could give for a TTT? Cheers!
Data not found... brain not found more like it

toolonglegs

Re: TTT tips

Postby toolonglegs » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:56 am

I have only done one...one guy broke a spoke in the 1st 400 meters so we stuffed around for a few minutes but in the end we left him behind.After that we took 10kms to get rid of some cheqting buggers in another team who latched on when we passed them!.The final straw was another team mate exploding and I rode the last 20 minutes on the front...he had a good excuse thou...a couple of days later we found out he had burst a arterie in his brain :shock: .
Main thing is to get some pratice in...watch the wind direction so you are always coming thru from the protected side...take the first few minutes a bit easier or it will all go wrong later,this is very important as usually every one hammers it at the start instead of building up to a great pace...and communicate a lot!.

pickle

Re: TTT tips

Postby pickle » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

wow that sounds like quite an eventful race you had. I hope your mate is alright now. Cheers for the tips. I hadn't really thought of taking it a little easier at the start. And keeping the communication will help as well I can imagine.
Data not found... brain not found more like it