Commonwealth Games

foo on patrol

Commonwealth Games

Postby foo on patrol » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:48 pm

How good are the Aussies riding on the track at the moment! :D

1st and 3rd Mens pursuit

1st and 2rd Womens 500mtr

1st Mens 1000mtr
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

scratchman

Re: Commonwealth Games

Postby scratchman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 am

sensational foo, it's just a shame that they have to continually refer to the swimming, " off to the swimming now as we just won a silver medal and we might have a chance in another race"
still, one of the networks did mention that we just happened to win every gold on offer.
one of these days............. :evil:
Phil

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:29 pm

How's the pace of our teams pursuit to-night? 3mins 55sec :shock:
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:38 pm

Anna Mears is going the best I've seen her go and she has the gold for the sprint. 8)
Goal 6000km

scratchman

Postby scratchman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 pm

foo on patrol wrote:How's the pace of our teams pursuit to-night? 3mins 55sec :shock:
and one of those is still a junior, very promising for 2012 :)
Phil

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:03 am

Yes, this team is very young and the prospect for the London games are very good! :D

It was a shame to see the NZ team blow apart in the pursuit the way they did. :( I don't understand why the coach would send them out so fast on the opening laps, with Australia being as strong as they are? :?

Just love the potential of Cameron Myers for the next 10yrs. 8)
Goal 6000km

Max

Postby Max » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:17 am

foo on patrol wrote:It was a shame to see the NZ team blow apart in the pursuit the way they did. :( I don't understand why the coach would send them out so fast on the opening laps, with Australia being as strong as they are? :?
The reception on my Foxtel crapped out just as it all happened. One minute, they're neck-a-neck, then when reception finally came back, the NZ boys were a mess. What happened there? Did they just run out of oomph?

Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

rustychisel

Postby rustychisel » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:57 am

incredible stuff, incredible mess.

I saw Dale Parker race as a junior a couple of years ago at the Superdrome and he was just class, class, class... won 3 of 3 races on the night and never looked like he was more than spinning the legs over. I kept the programme and marked his name on it.

As to last night, the NZ went out hard then when things got tough one of them (dunno who) went to the front and just put it down, ripped their legs off so that 1 dropped off the back, then in his next rotation he just gapped off the other two. All of a sudden they're just littered around the track.

Pretty impressive that the Australian team caught them, then had to reorganise the line and the sprint and still managed to post a 3'55 C'Wealth record

scratchman

Postby scratchman » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:16 pm

rustychisel wrote: As to last night, the NZ went out hard then when things got tough one of them (dunno who) went to the front and just put it down, ripped their legs off so that 1 dropped off the back, then in his next rotation he just gapped off the other two. All of a sudden they're just littered around the track.

Pretty impressive that the Australian team caught them, then had to reorganise the line and the sprint and still managed to post a 3'55 C'Wealth record
yes that was a shame (as we do like the Kiwis), the fact that the Ozzies had to pass them at that point (on the bend I think), get themselves back in order and win, in that time, was very impressive. 8)
Phil

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Yeah Max, they just went out way to hard for a pursuit and blew themselves apart. There was no communication between them. :?

The coach needs a size 10 where the sun don't shine for allowing that to happen. :roll:
Goal 6000km

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Have a look at Cameron Meyers in the 20k scratch. Just lapped the field. :shock:
Goal 6000km

DaveOZ

Postby DaveOZ » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:20 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Have a look at Cameron Meyers in the 20k scratch. Just lapped the field. :shock:
What an outstanding race and he didn't even look puffed at the end. :shock:

Baldy

Postby Baldy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:23 pm

foo on patrol wrote:Have a look at Cameron Meyers in the 20k scratch. Just lapped the field. :shock:
That was an awesome ride, lapped them then pulled the other fella by the scruff of the neck over the line for silver!

Hes one talented dude 8)

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:00 pm

His style is very smooth. Little effort for maximum power, the ideal endurance rider. 8)
Goal 6000km

Chops

Postby Chops » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:29 pm

What a gun.
Aerodynamic Facial Hair