Market Place - BETA - online

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Market Place - BETA - online

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:03 am

Hello

There have been a lot of suggestions for this and as many of you know I have been very cautious with this. It is however now up and running, on trial. Please take note of the rules, best to ask if you are unsure.

Cheers
Christopher

munga

Re: Market Place - BETA - online

Postby munga » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:37 am

speaking of rules, does anyone use the new (!) auction format?
i still see lots of ppl advertising a price, then pm'ing buyers with their lowest price etc.
i say, make it 100% transparent.
if you're not comfortable putting your price/negotiations out there, then go to ebay
my 2c

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:49 am

Fair call - we created this solution as some people were not be transparent with their pricing - haggling needed to happens in the threads and not in PMs with people not going on - with the auction format an alternative.

I have not seen it used - and am happy to remove... though would hope that posts and offers take place on the thread itself.
Cycling is in my BNA

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:30 am

On another forum (weightweenies), the format they have is that you post the items for sale, and no replies are allowed, as it is all done by PM.

Completely un-transparent, but then you don't get any sniping or dumb comments from people that either don't like what they see etc.

Also, can't then point out any real issues either.

Mustang

Postby Mustang » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:00 am

Market Place - BETA - online, could someone please explain this process.
Distance Goal 4000km
70 years young.

im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby im_no_pro » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Mustang wrote:Market Place - BETA - online, could someone please explain this process.
Look at the date of Christophers original post - 2007. Its from when the marketplace was implemented (I assume, given I didnt exist then).

My 2c - marketplace is a tough one. Agree with Christopher that it needs to be transparent to avoid some of the complaints we have had in the past, but the auction format certainly hasnt taken off. Methinks we will never achieve marketplace nirvana, but we can have fun trying :)
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.