QSMSPORTS - Kingscliff Triathlon

From bike riding in your bathers to making the distance

QSMSPORTS - Kingscliff Triathlon

Postby Scuba23 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:09 pm

I was lucky enough to get a ride in the first Kingscliff Triathlon back in March. The course was AWESOME! (the swim was a bit rough and choppy but I'm sure huey will be better to us in September) and the event very well organised and managed. September's event is getting more support from the local community and looks like being a massive event!

The second installment is being held on Sunday 26th September 2010 and has been stretched to olympic distance! With the same Tempta (short course) and junior races included.

Entries are capped at 1000 and reports from QSM are that numbers are filling fast!

PureSports Kingscliff Triathlon
I have to ride early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing...
Scuba23

by BNA » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:11 pm

BNA

Re: QSMSPORTS - Kingscliff Triathlon

Postby SeditionTrial » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Anyone do this event this year?

Don't tell my lovely partner, but I just registered for Mooloolaba (?spelling) for next March. If that goes well, I could be up for another surf-swim triathlon Spring next year...
New tar seal in front of my wheel
SeditionTrial

Postby Scuba23 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:39 am

I did the cycle leg in a team for the tri - the conditions were great, maybe a little warm for the run leg and a bit of swell didnt help the swimmers but it was a Terrific day out!
The course was a bit long as they had to relocate the transition area due to beach erosion and didnt get the course re-measured in time so it was 1500ish / 45 / 11.5 they have promised an accurate course for next year and the swim will likely be moved to the channel for a calm water swim.
I would highly recommend to everyone entering the next kingy tri (Mar 2011 i think) it is brilliant, great atmosphere and a fast and safe course. Well organised and the town was very welcoming.
good luck in Mooloolaba SeditionTrial, im hoping to get an entry in the Noosa tri for 2011!
I have to ride early in the morning, before my brain figures out what I'm doing...
Scuba23

Postby SeditionTrial » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey Scuba, did you get that 2011 Noosa entry?

I've just registered for Feb 2012 Kingscliff - I know they've moved it to Cudgen Creek from the beach, so that will suit me just fine.

Anyone else getting down?
New tar seal in front of my wheel
SeditionTrial

Return to Triathlon