Sore Hip?

Forum rules
The information / discussion in the Cycling Health Forum is not qualified medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
RobRollin

Sore Hip?

Postby RobRollin » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:47 pm

I thought I would ask all the *cough* Drs in here. And No I dont need a hip replacement! :shock:

Started riding this morning to discover my legs werent as fresh as they should be and felt like a grind for the first 40mins of this mornings ride when it shouldn't have been. After the ride my left hip has started aching, I thought it could be my ITB band, did some stretching and that hasn't helped. I dont know if Sundays ride, Mondays or this mornings ride has done something to the hip.

The pain is right on the hip bone, an aching feeling and feels numb.

So what has caused it?

Whats the problem?

How to manage?

How to to fix?

Thanks

Parker

Re: Sore Hip?

Postby Parker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

LMAO

Parker

Postby Parker » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Sorry

jeffh

Postby jeffh » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:27 pm

Why don't you google meralgia paraesthetica and see if you relate to the description

It occurs generally following stretch of the lateral cutaneous of the thigh i have seen some cyslists with this condition

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:45 pm

I was going to suggest that you ride around Mt Wellington instead of over it, but this is a serious thread.

According to Google, tight ITB is the most likely reason, though it could be a hip flexor. Poor flexibility is a common cause of ITB problems. Stretching in itself doesn't solve the problem, but you know how to improve flexibility.

I'll be interest to hear what addresses it
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 am

you'll know if it's the ITB as it shoots pain through the hip (or knee) as you apply force on the pedals. if it's not a shooting pain, but more of a grinding pain, then i doubt its the ITB.