SMP pro saddle

Antw12

SMP pro saddle

Postby Antw12 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Brought my wife a new SMP pro saddle to replace her old worn saddle (different style) but after two weeks the bones of her bum are painful :shock: . It doesn't seem to be getting any better how long is a reasonable time to persevere (easy for me not my bum). I paid $200+ for the saddle thinking I'd get her a good one but the happy wife happy life ain't working for me on this one :( . Advice most welcome.
Cheers
Ant

Drunkmonkey

Re: SMP pro saddle

Postby Drunkmonkey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Antw12 wrote:Brought my wife a new SMP pro saddle to replace her old worn saddle (different style) but after two weeks the bones of her bum are painful :shock: . It doesn't seem to be getting any better how long is a reasonable time to persevere (easy for me not my bum). I paid $200+ for the saddle thinking I'd get her a good one but the happy wife happy life ain't working for me on this one :( . Advice most welcome.
Cheers
Ant
She obviously needs a different model, smp stockists have test saddles available so you can figure out what saddle you need before you buy it :wink: I ride with the SMP evolution, I love it. They do take a couple of weeks for your sit bones to get used to them - but you should know straight away if its the wrong width.

Your LBS may offer an exchange - but I dont like your chances.........

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:35 pm

I think mine's an Evolution too.

it may just need adjustment. Because of the different shape, I spent a couple fo weeks getting the angle right. Might be worth fiddling with this in the first instance.

fleecedog

Postby fleecedog » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 pm

I ride with a SMP Glider :D and I love it to bits.

Due to the weird shape it is tricky to get the angle right or else it hurts my sitbones but it's so much better than getting my bits squashed :shock: Best investment ever!

On a different note I do wonder if boy bums are more resilient than girl bums, I mean, my BF can ride with anything and everything yet my bum is very, very, very selective indeed, have gone through about 4-5 saddles already

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:37 pm

I bought a Selle Italia Gel Flow Ladies Saddle from Wiggle a couple of months back...so far it's working out for me, did a 90k ride and was fairly comfortable!

Saddles are so individual, what works for one aint going to work for the next!

Hope that you find a solution soon!
Lisa