STOLEN: '09 Giant Anthem X1- South Bank, Brisbane

Forum rules
Before posting, please read the guidelines first.
miyoko

STOLEN: '09 Giant Anthem X1- South Bank, Brisbane

Postby miyoko » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:42 pm

My bike was stolen around 6pm on Friday November 5 outside Griffth university at 229 Grey Street, South Bank, Brisbane.
2 locks were cut off to get it.

Here are the details:

Bike: 2009 model Giant Anthem X1
Colour: Black/silver
Size: XS 14' This is a very small bike for dual suspension mountain bike. There are
not many around for this size.

Forks: Fox F-series RL
Rear shock: Fox Float rp2
Cranks: Shimano SLX FC-880
Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT
Headset: Raceface Evolve XC
Seat: Fizik Gobi XM
Pedals: Crank brothers Eggbeater SL. Very distinctive!!!

If you have any information, please please contact me miyogonn@hotmail.com or 04025459234 ( i will be away from 14th dec)The police have the serial number and I've been trying to inform as many bikeshops and random people as possible.
Thanks,
Miyoko
Last edited by miyoko on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elantra

Re: STOLEN: '09 Giant Anthem X1- South Bank, Brisbane

Postby elantra » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 pm

That is very distressing.
I hope you get it back.
From time to time look at second-hand websites such as gumtree and others.
If you get the chance, look at second-hand stores in other parts of brisbane area.
As you say, it is a rare and distinctive bike.
Good luck.
steve

miyoko

Postby miyoko » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:50 pm

Thaks :P steave!
I keep looking every where...

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Are there no cameras? I used to go to the con and they had cameras everywhere, and I'm sure security would have let you have a look at the footage if something got nicked. Never paid much attention to the security at QCA, but you should check it out - I do know that the guards patrol regularly. TBH I don't even ride my Anthem X3 to Uni (now at gardens point) because I'm worried about theft, can't believe you'd leave a bike like that out in the open :shock:

Also, don't know if you use bike insurance or not but if you have home and contents insurance then you can get insurance covering most kinds of bike theft at very little extra cost. Definitely worth looking at

miyoko

Postby miyoko » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks Gabe.

I have checked with security. They haven't seen anything.There are no cameras.
I don't have a insurance. Yes I was very careless and stupid. I wish I knew better.
I was living in country town in canada where I could leave my bike without a lock.
Also I'm from Japan(tokyo). I've never heard a thing like that.
I was dissapointed to people and I couldn't trust anybody for a week. Also very sad for the people
who doesn't have a conscience.
I learned a lot this time.
I will be very carefull when my bike comes back and take a good care.

Gabe

Postby Gabe » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 am

I can understand that, coming from Japan you would be used to lower crime and more respect amongst people, not to mention a highly efficient police force.. It's unfortunate that most western countries aren't like that, although if I had to guess I would say that Australia isn't as bad many others. And in my experience the police have definitely been more helpful than other places I've been to.

I hope you find your bike, if you keep looking your chances are much better. My advice would also be to invest in a ~$300 second hand commuter bike for going to uni, something like a hybrid that is comfortable but goes well on the road. As long as it is in good condition it will serve you very well, and is much less likely to get stolen. If you're interested, there's a second hand bike shop in west end, and you can often find good local listings on ebay as well