2010 Rainbow Ride

elantra

Re: 2010 Rainbow Ride

Postby elantra » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:16 am

whichway wrote:I think I can average 25 km/hr if riding solo without too many hills, closer to 30 km/hr if in a group. I don't want to be in the lead pack, but I don't want to be picked up by the sag wagon either. Is 25 km/hr fast enough for this ride.
whichway
I would say yes.
Obviously if you are a 25-30 km/hr rider it would be best to start at Mooball.
You will see lots of cyclists powering away at a fast pace.
Some of these you will see again on one of the many hills, walking. :cry:

You will be tempted to stick on the back of a bunch, but it is more relaxing to pedal at your own pace.
Big bunches are very erratic on hilly and windy country roads and it can be very anxiety provoking.
Steve

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi All

Looking forward to this ride and we are looking at warm weather with northerly breeze.
I am doing the 160km ride with three others in our group.
None of us are exceptionaly strong so while you guys are laying back, sipping on cold drinks you may see us finish well after the front runners.

We are out to have a good time and hope everyone enjoys the ride.
See you there.

cheers

Dave

ACOTTLE-KPCC

Postby ACOTTLE-KPCC » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:29 pm

hi guys,
'
so who is actually riding on sunday?
the reason i ask is i am in very great need of a good sport to help me out with trasport from currumbin to byron in the morning!
since the bus is full this is my only option?
could anyone help me out?

regards,
adam cottle - KPCC

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 am

Had a ball and enjoyed the 160km challenge.
For those that enjoyed riding through the beautiful lush green area of NE NSW there is another event on next May with rides in same area.
http://www.qsmsports.com/extra.asp?id=254&OrgID=19

Social rides are available

Gran Fondo Social Ride Sunday 2 May
Events:
Minore Fondo = 11km
Piccolo Fondo = 56km
Medio Fondo = 100km
Fondo = 136km
Gran Fondo = 189km

cheers

dave

elantra

Postby elantra » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

dclnmurray wrote:Had a ball and enjoyed the 160km challenge.
For those that enjoyed riding through the beautiful lush green area of NE NSW there is another event on next May with rides in same area.
http://www.qsmsports.com/extra.asp?id=254&OrgID=19

Social rides are available
cheers
dave
Thanks Dave, I was not on the Rainbow ride yesterday so next year's is eagerly awaited.

The link above refers to 2010 dates, presumably and hopefully the BOTB program will be similar for 2011 and include both social and competitive rides.
Steve

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

elantra wrote: Thanks Dave, I was not on the Rainbow ride yesterday so next year's is eagerly awaited.

The link above refers to 2010 dates, presumably and hopefully the BOTB program will be similar for 2011 and include both social and competitive rides.
Steve
So it does, sorry about that. They do mention stay tuned for 2011 dates.

cheers

Dave

whichway

Postby whichway » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:05 pm

Was there a headwind for the Rainbow Ride?

whichway

trueman

Postby trueman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:43 pm

whichway wrote:Was there a headwind for the Rainbow Ride?

whichway
Northeasterly in the canefields near Murwullimbah plus added smoke ash from canefield.

Overall, a great ride over the 100Km, very scenic with lots of shady roads, much better then last weeks Bris to GC. I stopped in Chillingham for two panadol (dehydration headache) and a drink....and found it hard to leave.
The only gripes were a few young yahoo P-platers in the back roads, the two guys in the poxy yellow BMW convertible that had to roar past spitting gravel and the motorbikers flying up Tomewin. Unfortunately one came to grief but luckily uninjured.Tomewin was a great challenge at the end. Kudos to the kid on the MTB who rode to the top then back down to find his friends then up again!!! :D

PS I looks bad to see gel packets just thrown on the road after use.. do they weigh that much to take home?
:D :D

tokenkid

Postby tokenkid » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:45 pm

I did this event last year and this year, I enjoyed it both years. However I won't be getting a bike fit two days before again!

Also thought it was a little disapointing that it's taken 3 weeks to get some photos up, than theres hardly any of the front end of the 160km.