Female specific arm and leg warmers and now... Bibs

CommuRider

Re: Female specific arm and leg warmers

Postby CommuRider » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Just received my Primal Wear arm warmers - took 5 days including the weekend so well done to them.

Compared to my Pearl Izumi, they are quite thin and I suspect not as breathable BUT I did pay for the design and the thinness of the material is probably more suited for summer now. The Pearl Izumi will have to return to the drawers until winter...
Amateur oenologist and green-friendly commuter.

Dave R32

Re: Female specific arm and leg warmers and now... Bibs

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Ah well I guess it had to happen.......sizing = too big = fail.

Any ladies want to purchase brand new Giordana Ladies Tenax Carbon Donna Bib Shorts in size large...tried for size hygienically.

http://www.this link is broken/p/cycle/7/Giord ... 360050168/

Price is $70.00 delivered via express post.

Meanwhile I am off to order the same in Medium.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Dave R32 wrote: Meanwhile I am off to order the same in Medium.
How about going to an LBS and try one there? Different brands have different sizing requirements. She could be a medium in one, a small or even a large with another. Next thing you know you've spent GBP150 to find a suitable sizing. That at least is one positive for the LBS - can try it on, return if it doesn't fit. I find clothes can be tricky when buying online. I almost bought an Icebreaker in small online as I'm usually a 10-12. And when i went to a shop to my surprise I was a medium to them.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:03 pm

CommuRider wrote:
How about going to an LBS and try one there? Different brands have different sizing requirements. She could be a medium in one, a small or even a large with another. Next thing you know you've spent GBP150 to find a suitable sizing. That at least is one positive for the LBS - can try it on, return if it doesn't fit. I find clothes can be tricky when buying online. I almost bought an Icebreaker in small online as I'm usually a 10-12. And when i went to a shop to my surprise I was a medium to them.

I agree and usually I buy kit, shoes and helmets locally, along with some parts, the trouble is finding an LBS who stocks female bibs, most only have shorts.... :roll: :(

Cheers
Dave,
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:10 pm

Dave R32 wrote: I agree and usually I buy kit, shoes and helmets locally, along with some parts, the trouble is finding an LBS who stocks female bibs, most only have shorts.... :roll: :(
No LBS that cater for females up there? That is indeed a pity :-( I think you have to do the old way and measure your wife - hips, waist, bust, thighs...surely that's a good job to do? ;-)

Get an old tape measure that has both cms and inches. The US and UK are still stuck in the imperial system.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 pm

Dave

I had to return some bibs back to Wiggle as they were a bit see-through :shock:

It was a quick process, about 2 weeks in all from posting them off to getting the money returned to my account!

Postage cost $20 something though.

Good luck with the search, I'm going to try the Rochelle Gillmore stuff that Missy linked over on the first page, but if I was looking for a plain black pair of bibs I'd probably buy the Netti Ballastic ones...
Lisa

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:40 pm

CommuRider wrote: No LBS that cater for females up there? That is indeed a pity :-( I think you have to do the old way and measure your wife - hips, waist, bust, thighs...surely that's a good job to do? ;-)

Get an old tape measure that has both cms and inches. The US and UK are still stuck in the imperial system.
CommuRider......you are assuming a lot here. I carry my wife's measurements in my wallet and update it whenever she thinks I should. Having traveled for many years, I have purchased her a lot of clothing and usually get it right.

The 4 LBS that I use on regular basis have very limited female kit or they have shop kits which she doesn't like.

In this case her measurements fitted the size I ordered and the item is just a tiny bit too large for her. The jersey I ordered fit perfectly.

Cheers
Dave.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:43 pm

marinmomma wrote:Dave

I had to return some bibs back to Wiggle as they were a bit see-through :shock:

It was a quick process, about 2 weeks in all from posting them off to getting the money returned to my account!

Postage cost $20 something though.

Good luck with the search, I'm going to try the Rochelle Gillmore stuff that Missy linked over on the first page, but if I was looking for a plain black pair of bibs I'd probably buy the Netti Ballastic ones...
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the feedback. I will leave them for sale for a few days, if no one wants them I will send them back and re-order.

Your comments regarding Netti is interesting I have always found their stuff a bit "cheap". We will look into who stocks Netti in Brisbane and go and have a look.

Cheers
Dave.

CommuRider

Postby CommuRider » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Dave R32 wrote: CommuRider......you are assuming a lot here. I carry my wife's measurements in my wallet and update it whenever she thinks I should. Having traveled for many years, I have purchased her a lot of clothing and usually get it right.

The 4 LBS that I use on regular basis have very limited female kit or they have shop kits which she doesn't like.

In this case her measurements fitted the size I ordered and the item is just a tiny bit too large for her. The jersey I ordered fit perfectly.
Fair enough.

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Dave

I understand what you're saying about the Netti....compared to the Santini ones that I ordered from Wiggle, the chamios isn't quite as nice, but then on the other hand the Netti isn't see-through!!!
I've done 90k rides in the Netti Ballistic shorts and no real chaffing to speak of, good quality lycra and so far they're washing well.

IMO, avoid the Santini Queen bibs...
Lisa

marinmomma

Postby marinmomma » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Dave R32 wrote:I agree and usually I buy kit, shoes and helmets locally, along with some parts, the trouble is finding an LBS who stocks female bibs, most only have shorts.... :roll: :(

Cheers
Dave,

+1 and they generally charge more for female gear!
Lisa