Post Title Format: [Your City/Region] Item Title
NEW MEMBERS, read the Market Place Rules first before posting.
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 11:27 pm
I was wondering if someone could help...I'm after a front brake for an old bike (I think it's from the 1970's). The problem I am having are:
1. New brakes don't fit as the rear bolt for the screw is too big to fit inside the fork
2. An older brake caliper has a bolt that fits but is too short
3. Another brake caliper I have fits but are long reach and I can't get the brake pads to align with the braking surface of the wheel
Does anybody have a spare front brake I can try and buy?
Also, I'm looking for some brake levers for standard (26.0mm) bars.
- Posts: 4932
- Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:48 pm
- Location: Perth, (S.o.R.) W.A.
EvilGenius wrote:Should this be a thread for the Market Place?
I'll leave it to the mods, but it seems like a request for a bit of help from the OP as well. I would hesitate to say it could almost be in "the shed"
regardless... gclark8 is the man! send him a PM & get in contact
Since I keep misplacing my common sense down the shed, I guess I'll have to borrow someone elses off the internet.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], MSNbot Media, xebec
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.