Free Beer

Patdys

Free Beer

Postby Patdys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 pm

Now I have your attention, can somebody who has ridden the Alpine classic/extreme please pm me. I would love to buy you a beer or two and pick your brains for January.
05 Azzuri Primo (bought in 08)
10 BMC Team Machine

Baldy

Re: Free Beer

Postby Baldy » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Doh!!

Why, you little.....

:twisted:

Patdys

Postby Patdys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Tell you what Baldy, next time you come to Adelaide, let me know and I'll buy you a beer too.
05 Azzuri Primo (bought in 08)
10 BMC Team Machine

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Baldy wrote:Doh!!

Why, you little.....

:twisted:
+1 :twisted:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

cpical

Postby cpical » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:25 pm

Chimay bleu or Duvel!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

brauluver

Postby brauluver » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 pm

I'll have an Emersons IPA from NZ thanks.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Patdys wrote:Now I have your attention, can somebody who has ridden the Alpine classic/extreme please pm me. I would love to buy you a beer or two and pick your brains for January.
im planning on doing the alpine classic myself in Jan.... good to see another adelaidean is as well :)

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:57 am

Dr_Mutley wrote:
Patdys wrote:Now I have your attention, can somebody who has ridden the Alpine classic/extreme please pm me. I would love to buy you a beer or two and pick your brains for January.
im planning on doing the alpine classic myself in Jan.... good to see another adelaidean is as well :)
First off, don't drink, so that saves you moeny.

Secondly, would also love to do something like this, but a woozle is not real good at climbing, even though I enjoy it :cry:

bradleyconder

Postby bradleyconder » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Ive done it patdys.

ACE250 complete 2010. 10.5 hours ride time and 11.15 total time.

What do you want to know?

I can tell you its a awesome day with around 5000m of vertical. My number one tip.... save your legs on Hotham. its a long but easy hill and one you dont want to go in to the red zone on. 90% of the people shot up there too fast last year and me and my mates passed the all on the back of falls. My number two tip..... Big gear training. back of falls will have you grinding gears for over an hour. im a strong b grade rider and rode a 39x28 and found it hard. average speed is under 10km for the BoF and if its a hot day (and it will be) you will suffer here with hot sun and very little wind flow. but its only 1 hour! you will be in the red zone here i can promise you but once you get to the top its a awesome ride to the falls creek gates.. a quick decent and your almost home. if you cant grind a big gear / low cadence for a very log time you will struggle. my number 3 tip... do it. Its a awesome ride. the Omeo highway is one of my favorite roads. almost as good as some of the sall roads in italy and france.

Audax are awesome at what the do and there is more food and drink than you need. Every drink station (5 of them) there are sandwiches, cake, pasta, fruit, lollies and more.

last year its was mid 30's degrees and i went through a a fair bit of food at each station, 10 gels, 8 salt tablets (Sicaps are the best thing ever!), about 5 sports drinks and 5 bottles of water and finished the ride as strong as i started. Put it this way.... there was a rumour that there would be a 320 including buffalo this year and i was up for it.

anything else?

Bjc

boyracer

Postby boyracer » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:02 pm

bradleyconder wrote:
my number 3 tip... do it. Its a awesome ride. the Omeo highway is one of my favorite roads.

Bjc
Hell yeah!
just watch out for cows / cow pats.