New to retro.

middleout

New to retro.

Postby middleout » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 am

Hey guys,

I'm only in my early days of playing with my few bikes, but i picked this little step through up the other day and have not been able to find any information on it at ALL.
I was hoping someone could possible give me some advice, or opinions on this bike..

[IMG=http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7702/img03531.jpg][/IMG]

It's a MS, but it also has a decal on it thats says 'Family Star'
Cheers.

Midz.

theboss290

Re: New to retro.

Postby theboss290 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 am

nice mate ;)

not as popular as the double bar girls frames but a good project none the less .

good luck with it mate :)

Wild Turkey

Postby Wild Turkey » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:20 pm

About 7 or so bikes like that died to make this!

We call them seat pole bikes. The things are all seat pole?

The Family star runs round tube. This chopper has the ovalized style tubes. Top tube, down tube and seat pole, all cut and shut. Thanks too your nearest hard rubbish pile.

The Malvern Star has some street cred. Good bike for just starting out. its addictive, be warned!

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:28 am

i just restored a family star for my mrs as well. its in the retro thread. :D

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Wild Turkey wrote:About 7 or so bikes like that died to make this!

We call them seat pole bikes. The things are all seat pole?

The Family star runs round tube. This chopper has the ovalized style tubes. Top tube, down tube and seat pole, all cut and shut. Thanks too your nearest hard rubbish pile.

The Malvern Star has some street cred. Good bike for just starting out. its addictive, be warned!

That is frickin beautiful! 8) Turk, once again I dips me lid at your skillz.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Wild Turkey

Postby Wild Turkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Can't say its mine Shaun, Billy Boneshaker the human bike magnet built that one. It is one of many seriously tough bikes he has knocked up from hard rubbish. Note the T bar shifter in the top tube!

Sorry to hijack the Family star thread. I have watched a matching pair of Family Stars in red and blue. Out the front of the local over priced second hand dealers. I didn't ask what they wanted. But they went in a few days? Somebody wanted them? bikes seem to sit there for months.

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks Turk. I did miss the ol' SA shifter :oops: . You and Billy ever think of going into business? I loves the easy rider look.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011