Bike charity

jaydee

Re: Bike charity

Postby jaydee » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:34 pm

yehuwdiy wrote: I'd be interested in the bikes, but in the new year.
I have a Giant flat bar road bike - CRX2. I was hit by a car on it and the frame is bent. Everything else (wheels / tyres / gearing etc etc) is ok according to the bike shop. You are welcome to it if you like. Insurance pay out bought a new bike so am happy if there is anything on the bike you want. If you are interested, let me know when the shed is up and running and I can drop it out to you. I don't know anything about the bike building side of things so it will probably just go to the dump otherwise.

yehuwdiy

Postby yehuwdiy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Glad to hear you are ok, walking away from an accident of any kind is always a blessing of sorts :) If your willing to pass the bike on we wouild be happy to have it. It sounds crazy, but getting 700c wheels is a rarity for us, they just don't seem to come up. More than a few frames in staorage that would be completed by a set!

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:36 am

Y, if you need extra space I'm back next friday and can store some of the frames/bike parts from on here. Let me know.

ZepinAtor

Postby ZepinAtor » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 am

If we want to donate spare parts from other states would it be appropriate to ask for postage to be paid at your end or should we send at our cost as part of the charity vibe ? I have heaps of gear (cranks, tyres, tubes, bars, water bottles & cages which I'll never use & would like to donate to your cause.
Gas propulsion.......it's natural don't fight it.

yehuwdiy

Postby yehuwdiy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:00 pm

@LoveB, HEY HEY! Great to hear your coming back :) Hope your ready for Black mountain every night :twisted:

@ZepinAtor, cranks etc are always handy as I tend to convert all cottered bikes over to cotterless, so never have enough! Bank funds are limited this end but I'm happy to go half-half in any postage costs. Drop me a pm if this works for you. either way, very nice of you to offer!

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:54 pm

Hope your ready for Black mountain every night
why you do this to me??!?!?!?! hahahahahahah.

If any of you guys are donating stuff from within canberra I dont mind doing a drive around pickup fo whatever fits in the car.

yehuwdiy

Postby yehuwdiy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:10 pm

LOL! I forgot to add that you need to do it single-speed just like me, wouldn't be fair otherwise. Have done it three times in the last four days, legs are still like wet noodles though...at least they are now slightly 'al dente' :P

LoveB

Postby LoveB » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 pm

my legs would be like broken twigs! lol Hopefully I can attempt that soon ;)

jenshee

Postby jenshee » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Hey Yehuwdly,

Good on you for attempting to get this up and running - bikes for charity/migrants/needy is a great idea and will certainly fill a gap.

We have 5-6 bikes out the back to move on and searching for a charity to donate them to was how I stumbled on this site.
Happy to hold off til the new year if I can stop my other half tossing them out in the annual cleanup.
Probably won't get around to checking in to this site so could you email me when you're ready to go and I'll deliver them.
jenshee57@gmail.com

Thanks and good luck with the shed
Cheers
Jenshee